UKC

NEWS: Peckitt Adds New Problems to Yorkshire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Mar 2011
Take A Bough - Font 7a+ at Brimham, Yorkshire, 3 kbYorkshire activist Tom Peckitt spills the beans on new gritstone boulder problems developed this winter.

"This is the proper line and (dare I say!!) as good as Zoo York and certainly harder. It really is a stunning arete and one of the best things I have climbed in Yorkshire..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=61205

In reply to UKC News:

"Finally and most recently, this weekend at the seldom climbed crag of West Chevin " - The mighty West Chevin is a veritable metropolis of climbers, especially on a lunch time.
 Lemony 24 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News:
> "Finally and most recently, this weekend at the seldom climbed crag of West Chevin..."

Pah! I'll have you know that West Chevin is a bustling hive of activity these days.
 Lemony 24 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News: Also, and I think I said this on the other side as well: top effort, it really is a brilliant line!
 BenTiffin 24 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News: Immediate thought upon reading this news - was a tree not chopped down on the Milestone Buttress in the late 70s/early 80s in order for someone to climb the Wrinkled Retainer and there was absolute outrage from a lot of shocked climbers.

Is the first boulder problem at Brimham mentioned in this report not the same situation?
BuffaloBill 24 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News: longbow isn't a new line. Well done on the others though
 Robin Warden 24 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Hey Tom thanks for mentioning Norwood, and well done in adding a star problem to the place. You proberbly know that I initialy developed the place in 2008, along with a few mates. I agree Larchbow is a true delight of the grade, I originaly done it with feet on the ramp. Not sure why the place did not get a section in the new Steve Dunning guide?
LaptopAcidXperience 15 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Hey, congrats on the FAs,

I'm a film maker based in Harrogate and I would love to video you (or anyone else) working on new lines and first ascents.

I did a promo video for Harrogate climbing centre and other bits and pieces that can be seen here http://www.studiolax.co.uk/index.php/showreel

I'd be happy to work with whoever did the video on this page, maybe we can put together a really nice little film.

Let me know what you think.

Roger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...