UKC

Contador- guilty or not guilty?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jamesg85 27 Mar 2011
I apologise if this has already been done to death. I started thinking and researching as to whether he is guilty or not after reading of him winning the tour of Catalunya. I really enjoyed his winning the TdeF last year and have wanted to believe he is innnocent. However I cannot dupe myself after reading the evidence. In my opinion he is clearly guilty, the clenbuterol coming from meat he had sent to him from Spain excuse is flimsy. However the fact that plasticisers were also found in his blood proves beyond doubt that he is guilty. Perhaps I'm missing a trick, what do you think?
 tim000 27 Mar 2011
In reply to jamesgreenfield: guilty as sin
 Graham T 27 Mar 2011
In reply to tim000:
seconded, definately a cheating shite
 Frank4short 27 Mar 2011
In reply to jamesgreenfield: Seconded plus his incriminating test was taken on the rest day which is the traditional day for doping when riders need a boost after the mountain stages. HOWEVER plasticizers aren't at this time a banned substance due to the fact there's no agreed/approved test for them. So even though they pretty much unquestionably incriminate him they're not admissable in any doping case at this time.
 Toby_W 28 Mar 2011
In reply to jamesgreenfield: Lets also not forget he point blank refused to provide a blood sample to clear himself of involvement in the puerto doping scandle (it would have had the exact oposite result most likely).

He should have taken the one year ban as that would have been the end of it and allowed him to say he was innocent as the ban was reduced due to it being accidental contamination.

Now, I hope he gets done by CAS and a full two year ban for making me listen to his laughable excuse, and all the people who believe him and repeat all the incorrect, media or legal hype he's put out to cloud the facts and get him off.

Cheers

Toby
 DaveHK 28 Mar 2011
In reply to Toby_W:

The depressing thing about all this is that he was a breath of fresh air after the Armstrong era. A tour champion who raced the whole season, we hadn't seen that for years.

For that reason I'd love to believe him but...
 Toby_W 28 Mar 2011
In reply to DaveHK: Yeah I find it more difficult now, there are still a lot of doping riders but also quite a few clean ones.

So on the one hand I understand them doping and in a way it's a fair contest and a tradition in the tdf. On the other hand there are certainly some clean riders so it stings a bit to think they are being cheated.

I think you've just got to sit back and enjoy the lot scandals, crashes, and ridiculous excuses.

Cyclist: I'd been shagging my wife so much my testostorone went through the roof.

Tester: What about the man made stuff.

Cyclist: Oh dear.

Cheers

Toby
 Timmd 28 Mar 2011
In reply to Toby_W:

Other cyclists have been found to have clebuternol in thier blood as well, a Dutch MTBer and an Italian in a road race in South America. It looks like it's one of the new doping drugs unfortunately.

Removed User 28 Mar 2011
In reply to Timmd: Not new at all. The problem for testers is it is metabolised by the body(apologies if this is the wrong term) within in a few days so will no longer be detected.
The opinion with Contador was he doped following the Dauphine'. Wait a few days for the clen to be clear from his system then remove a quantity of blood to bank for the TdF. It is even possible they had the banked blood tested and found it to be clear. The problem was the in race test was sent to a German lab the had far more sensitive testing the virtually any other the UCI/WADA etc use!
Plasticisers in the concentrations found in is sample are apparently indicative of IV transfusion. As only the race doctor can administer/sanction IV fluid during the race, and this was not the case, then how did they come to be there following the rest day but not before????

The Spanish PM et al jumping to his defence, and the overturned 1yr ban are a farce.
 yorkshireman 30 Mar 2011
In reply to Removed User:

Looks like the side-effects of clenbuterol abuse is a giant freaky hand.

http://bit.ly/enhSaf
Removed User 30 Mar 2011
In reply to jamesgreenfield: WADA have now appealed as well as UCI.....

http://road.cc/content/news/33877-wada-confirms-it-has-filed-appeal-cas-alb...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...