UKC

Bristol Climbing Academy petition opening hours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Juglan 01 Apr 2011
Please write in this thread if you think it is a good idea for the wall to open before work in the mornings.

By allowing the early birds to get in early, it means it will reduce the strain on the evenings. The Arch in London has sucessfully done this for nearly a year.
 ericinbristol 01 Apr 2011
In reply to Lupine Lacuna:

TCA did try this but got almost no take-up (as TCA said in an earlier thread on this some months ago I think). No need to petition them btw, as they are friendly, helpful and always respond reasonably to all requests and suggestions. I'm sure they will add something to this thread once they see it.
 ericinbristol 01 Apr 2011

btw the mods will I expect move this thread to the 'Walls and Training' forum.
OP Juglan 01 Apr 2011
I dont mean a literal petition anyway, since as you say, thats mental!

No take up! This reinforces my view that boulderers are ALL LAZY.

As Eric mentions, we did try this unsuccessfully for a 6 month period. Lots of people asked us to open early but then never supported the idea when it came to the crunch. The cost of opening a climbing centre for one or two individuals (and often none) is unfortunately prohibitive for us, not to mention the obvious disruption to staff's personal life.
London is a vey different city to Bristol, we did give it a good go but it proved unviable as an option for us.

As Eric also mentions, we are a very approachable bunch and we are happy to discuss the merits of ideas and suggestions face to face, via the Guestbook and Noticeboard on our website or indeed on our Facebook page.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...