UKC

Rucsac for running in hills with overnight kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gav M 10 Apr 2011

I'm looking for a 30 or 35 L pack, big enough to carry a sub 10 kg load of overnight kit. Focus is mostly on fast movement in the hills but want a well-balanced pack won't flap about if I want to run for a bit. Must have side straps for carrying poles and dog bed. I'm not fussed about hydration systems.
 nickcj 10 Apr 2011
In reply to Gav M:

OMM Jirishanca 35L? Use this for most days in the hills and for the Saunders marathon.
 pepperpot 10 Apr 2011
In reply to Gav M:

I've been looking at the OMM 32l Classic for a similar king of thing, plus as a lighter day sack.

Not really read any bag reviews and I tend to like kit that seems to have worked well for years.
 JayPee630 10 Apr 2011
In reply to pepperpot:

Yeah, OMM 35l classic or one of the Terra Nova bags.
OP Gav M 11 Apr 2011
In reply to JayPee630:

Has anyone used the Camp X3 600?
Moley 11 Apr 2011
In reply to Gav M: I've used a Karrimore (now OMM) 25litre sack for years - and find it perfect for the job. I would replace it with the same every time, very comfy to run with.
25 litre size carries my Terra Nova laser comp, sleep mat, down bag, cooking kit, food for 2 days, some spare clothes, waterproofs, and all the sundries I need, usually comes in around the 12lb mark without me being silly (minimalist for the sake of it). The 32 litre would give you plenty of space for extras and certainly no need to go bigger than that. Moley.
tom_leather 12 Apr 2011
In reply to Gav M:

Check out the Salomon bags - a good range and mine's great for mountain marathon running. As always with bags, try them on first to check for comfort etc. but I've found the Salomon great for my body shape/size.
Talius Brute 12 Apr 2011
In reply to tom_leather: I agree, I've had a Salomon Raid Revo 30 for a few years now - just fits all my gear for a few overnights and weighs only around 600g - which is superb.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...