UKC

Edelrid ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Spanner 17 Apr 2011
Has anyone used this rope? I've heard mixed reviews about their quality, any advice?
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/edelrid-perfect-10mm-60m-rope-p183582

thanks
Wonko The Sane 17 Apr 2011
In reply to Spanner:

Ok, I went through the same as you when I bought my rope, and whilst I am happily ready to stand corrected, because this is only what I managed to glean from others in a bit of a haphazzard way, the main thing you pay for with more epxensive ropes are:

(1) More ability to take shock and more of them
(2) Better adhesion between the inner and outer which can be a factor if you are going to be shunting a lot.

I suppose my choice in a new sport is to buy acceptable but not expensive gear until I am sure I want to really get into the sport.

From what I understand, this eldered rope is at least as good as any other starter rope, but if you do have a lot of falls on it you may wind up replacing it quicker than a super dooper rope costing twice the price, which really is like saying if you go racing in a Micra you'll f*ck it up quicker than if you go racing in a BMW

So as long as you monitor it's condition, it should be fine.

But please feel free to tell me I'm talking bollocks.......... I'm just going on what was pointed out to me.
 john_mx 17 Apr 2011
In reply to Spanner: i mean i don't know anything about the rope you are on about and sorry if i am going of about something different but i have a Edelrid 60m rope and i have a fue different makes and what now and i found my Edelrid to be the best out of about 6 ropes that i have.

hope this help you make you mind up.

John.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...