UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Vertical Sailing Greenland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Apr 2011
Bob Shepton in Greenland, 4 kbNico Favresse, Olivier Favresse, Seán Villanueva and Ben Ditto ship out for the summer with Captain Bob Shepton on his 33-foot sailboat in search of unclimbed big walls rising out of Greenland's fjords.

(Don't miss episode 3 - it's a classic!)

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=61824

Milesy 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Enjoyed this.
 Petarghh 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Inspirational ! seeing the guys at the Piolets d'or last week, they really give off an air of psyche and just being in the same room makes you want to get out and climb !

Pete.
 Styx 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Brilliant!
 pneame 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Best thing on UKC so far this year - love the "bring your own music" approach - perhaps this should be another ethical wrinkle to climbing?
What a great group of people
 georgeb 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: looks like they had an amazing adventure, and your right watching that makes you just want to get out there and do it. Best vid on ukc for a long time.
 DannyC 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Possibly my favourite climbing film. Brilliant stuff.
 Alex Thompson 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Loved every minute of these films, real sense of adventure and fun!
 Rubbishy 22 Apr 2011
In reply to Alex Thompson:

Full article in last months Yachting Monthly - great stuff!!
 SomerKate 22 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Lovely films, lovely chaps, and what an amazing effort from the Captain! Could have watched them for hours. Will there be a full-length film?
Jimbo W 23 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Thank you UKC for a superb set of videos. Bob is an old family friend who we haven't see for yonks and we are very much going to have to get back in touch with! Cheers!
In reply to UKC News: What an inspiration. It is a timely reminder of what it is all about - having fun and enjoying the company of likeminded but diverse people. Well done Royal; it just shows that age is a number.
 ERU 23 Apr 2011
These are the same Belgium guys who were on Asgard at the same time as Leo Houlding:
http://www.videoclimb.com/2009/10/24/asgard-jamming-trailer/
 surfboybert 23 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Love these guy's. if you haven't seen asgard jamming and you liked this you love it!
Jimbo W 23 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:

For any climbers interested, Captain Bob Shepton is on the look out for ferrying or assisting climbers wanting to be taken by sailing boat to do some new routing in Scotland's islands (e.g. Mingulay, Pabbay) and west coast or just to get to some west coast and island routes for some awesome climbing somewhere different from the usual crag!

Check out his website:

http://www.bobshepton.co.uk/

or contact him on:

bob@bobshepton.co.uk
 Rory Shaw 23 Apr 2011
In reply to Jimbo W: Amazing stuff - some of the best footage I have ever seen - so much more inspirational than the 'holywood' climbing films.
 morpcat 24 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Amazing film! Not just climbing but truly adventurous spirit all throughout!
Paul035 24 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant!! Loved it.
 Sargey 24 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Stunning!
Chevin Coyote 25 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News: Brilliant, sat indoors having just had my foot cut up on a sunny holiday and it still cheered me up, and even looking forward to old age!!
Jimbo W 25 Apr 2011
In reply to Chevin Coyote:

Its very uplifting isn't it. There's a kind of full circleness in this too, in that, I believe Bob Shepton was working at St David's college and was partly responsible for introducing Jerry Moffatt to climbing! I'm not sure if this is mentioned in revelations as I haven't read it yet. But its great seeing bob being taken climbing by the "wild bunch".
 THardSevere 25 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:
awesome film. loved the fact that it seemed to be about what climbing should be about- fun and adventure!
 Jim Hamilton 26 Apr 2011
In reply to pneame:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Best thing on UKC so far this year - love the "bring your own music" approach -

although i did wonder if Captain Bob might want to smash up those instruments if he had to put up with a rendition every day for months, cooped up in a small boat. Good film tho - very Tilmanesque.
 owensum 29 Apr 2011
In reply to UKC News:

For me, this is a perfect set of climbing films: funny, inspiring, adventurous, and yet also whimsical.. absolutely fantastic
 ERU 22 May 2011
Anone know if this can be downloaded somewhere?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...