UKC

RAB Mountain Marathon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pepperpot 27 Apr 2011
Considering entering the RAB MM in September. There are two classes; runner and walkers. Is walk uphill, jog on the flat and run downhill going to cut it in terms of pace in the runners class?
XXXX 27 Apr 2011
In reply to pepperpot:

That depends how fast you walk, jog and run!

You'll be fine. That is the tactic that most mortals will employ. I certainly did alright on the OMM with exactly that. It's the nav that really separates the good from the bad times though.
 Simon Caldwell 27 Apr 2011
In reply to pepperpot:
> There are two classes; runner and walkers

No there aren't - the two clases are Elite and Standard. The only difference is that Elite has an extra hour per day, the controls are the same on both.
 Simon Caldwell 27 Apr 2011
In reply to Anonymous:
There's no difference between any of the classes other than what prizes you're eligible for. The 'walking' class has no prizes so if you choose that one and run it then nobody is going to complain too much!
OP pepperpot 27 Apr 2011
In reply to Anonymous:

I think I'll give it a go as a runner then, I would much prefer to run as much as I can.

Been into mountains for years and my Nav isn't so bad, in fact doing this is all about keeping me interested; new challenges and all that. I definately I think I'm going to have to spend a good few days out going at the race pace. Need to get used to new timings and keeping track of the Nav whilst on the move.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...