UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Spanish bombs...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ruben Firnenburg, 3 kbNot in Andalucia, but in Catalunya, where Enzo Oddo (16) and Dave Firnenburg (15) have both repeated Chris Sharma's 45m rig Era bella, 9a, in the La visera de la coma sector at Margalef. Enzo has of course fired off several of the grade before and even done 9a+ (Biographie), while it was the first...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=61947
Chris Ellyatt 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

These articles make me feel so depressingly average! But seriously, well done to the lads, impressive stuff.

Chris
 DJonsight 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: You know you're getting old when people half your age are redpointing 9a.

Well, that and leaders of the opposition looking like schoolboys.
 Morgan Woods 30 Apr 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Good stuff after what has seemed a bit of a slow few months for non-Ondra (nondra?) related news. There certainly seem to be some strong young euro wads out there and it's great to hear about relative unknowns like Dave crank out 9a.

Not much comment on these ticks here, I'm sure a headline saying a Sharma route has been repeated might generate more interest. Also thinking of Jakob Schubert's repeat of Papichulo. These repeats have all seemed quite quick, for routes which i get the impression the FA spent weeks if not months on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...