UKC

Why aren't you out climbing???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I am desperate to get out but unable to climb yet as I am still recovering from shoulder surgery.

Just wondering why the 256 other people logged on th the UKC forum site are not out climbing on this beautiful day???
Wonko The Sane 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Because this morning I drove down to Conway to look at a boat. Got there to find it's sold! Lovely boat though and cheap, so can see why it was snapped up.
 paul-1970 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber:
Because some of us are working! And, seeing the mass hysteria outside and on the TV - it's not at all a bad place to be!
Wonko The Sane 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Tyroneslater: That said, does anyone actually ever log off? I don't turn my PC off and never log out of anything. I reckon a fair portion of that 250 odd are nowhere near their PCs
 Run_Ross_Run 29 Apr 2011

Work !
 Niall 29 Apr 2011

Because I'm working, but driving to Donegal tonight for 3 days of sun and sea-cliffs
 tim123487 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: im writing a uni assignment that i should have done ages ago then have work the rest of the weekend!
 Yanis Nayu 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Ill and finger knackered.
 The Lemming 29 Apr 2011

>
> Just wondering why the 256 other people logged on th the UKC forum site are not out climbing on this beautiful day???

I finished work at 7am.

probably not a good idea to go climbing after being awake for 36 hours. I have had 3 hours kip and probably won't go to bo-bos till I've consumed large amounts of rum at 11pm
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 29 Apr 2011

Cos I got back from Spain two days ago and spent yesterday galloping round the Manifold taking pics for Peak Lime. I need some time to get organised and a Bank Holiday is always a good bet for NOT going climbing!

Chris
 crustypunkuk 29 Apr 2011
Just finished work, but am wishing i was climbing!
Checking on here to see if anyone is looking for a climbing partner tomorrow.
 Doug 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Ordinary working day here in France, and its been raining, with worse forecast to come so doubt if I'd have made the effort to get to 'bleau even if I had the day off
 tistimetogo 29 Apr 2011
Thesis to be handed in soon. Went for a run over the hills this morning tho.
billy no-mates 29 Apr 2011

Studying, off out tomorrow though.
Starkey92 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Studying! took the dog for a walk tho...
 Phippsy 29 Apr 2011

ruined finger
 The New NickB 29 Apr 2011

I am. Or at least I spent the morning at Wilton, not a soul to be seen at Wilton 2 or 3.
 CrankCrimp 29 Apr 2011

because my girlfriend just finished with me because apparantly she came second to climbing and i havn't sleep for about 3 days and can't summon the energy to walk to the train station and head to the peak
 Fishmate 29 Apr 2011

Most of my local MC are up at The Roaches, my indoor leading partner is in a band and can't do this weekend. Have put a message on one of those meet up sites in the hope someone will be keen to get outside. Otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday
 Leo Woodfelder 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Working unfortunately, although on the up side I get double time and a day lieu!
uberdude 29 Apr 2011

Technically I was, climbing a tree while chopping it down to enjoy the sunshine! No ropes either! oooh, scary!
 devilman 29 Apr 2011
Bloody injuries =(
In reply to Phippsy:

Sorry to all who are injured or at work
 stp 29 Apr 2011

1. I'm looking after my mum who is poorly with cancer.

2. I stopped climbing last year (again!) when the same recurring elbow injury reared its ugly but, sadly now predictable, head again. I've this bast*£d on and off now for the past 6 years!
Bingers 29 Apr 2011

I've been glued to the television watching the event of the century so I can say that I was there to my grandchildren. Then I watched the highlights and thought I'd see if there was any other news today, which there wasn't.

Actually, I went climbing yesterday and today has been for gardening, before getting out again for the rest of the weekend, whe nthe better looks better.
 JasRY 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber:I have been this morning!!
 colinkeb 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: you arent married are you?
In reply to colinkeb:

Why?
 John_Hat 29 Apr 2011

Gardening today and Sunday and Climbing Saturday and Monday, due to a deal with Lady Blue
 The Ivanator 29 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Cos' it's dark! Though perhaps I should be showing a little more headtorch illuminated determination, will be out tomorrow.
 tasmat 30 Apr 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Because I live in Kent and don't own a car, and am desperately trying to complete my PhD.
 EspenK 30 Apr 2011
In reply to tasmat: Because I live in Southampton.
 The New NickB 30 Apr 2011
In reply to EspenK:
> (In reply to tasmat) Because I live in Southampton.

You have my deepest condolences.
 Only a hill 01 May 2011
Possibly because there is more to life, and more ways to enjoy a beautiful day, than climbing?
ice.solo 01 May 2011
In reply to Only a hill:
> (In reply to Christheclimber)
> Possibly because there is more to life, and more ways to enjoy a beautiful day, than climbing?

totally agree.

(the above statement is a lie)
 David Hooper 01 May 2011
cos Im ill and just about managing OAP style short walks
and even if I wasnt - I may well be MTBing anyways
 Eagle River 01 May 2011
In reply to Only a hill:
> Possibly because there is more to life, and more ways to enjoy a beautiful day, than climbing?

Is that some sort of sick joke?
In reply to Only a hill:

Really?
 John.RH 01 May 2011
In reply to Only a hill:

wut?
In reply to John.RH:
> (In reply to Only a hill)
> [...]
>
> wut?

I don't get it either
 Laura-lou 01 May 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: Climbing partner for today had a late night and is sleeping it off I think...and several other climbing sources have gone off to assess duke of edinburgh...not happy! Trying to motivate myself to spend the day getting my life in order but actually debating petrol costs to cannock to go razz around on my bike. It would probably be cheaper to go boulder at awesome walls but the lovely weather is putting me off being indoors!
 colinkeb 01 May 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: my other half gets pretty arsey if I dare to dissapear too often, otherwise I would be out every minute I could

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...