UKC

Pombie Wall: Pic du Midi d'Ossau - topo help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tash 03 May 2011
Hoping to do a few routes on this wall in a few months, particularly the classic SE face route, as part of a road trip through the Pyrenees and Picos de Europa. I now have guidebooks for the rest of the stuff in the Pyrenees and Picos, but I'm missing the Midi d'Ossau. Was wondering if anyone has the Derek Walker guide (Rock climbs in the Pyrenees) and wouldn't mind scanning the topo just for the Pombie wall routes and approach (I've got topos/guides for all the other places in the guide so don't want to buy it if I can help it!).

I'd be very grateful!
Thanks
Tash
In reply to tash:

What routes are you interested in? I've got photos of the topos kept at the hut from when we did a few routes there last year (SE Classique & a few others).

I can email them to you (send me yr address) or whack them on Picasa if you want.
 Andy Nisbet 04 May 2011
In reply to tash:

As has been said, there is a very good topo in the hut. We just photographed it and took it up to the crag, then zoomed in on the camera for details.
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Absolutely.

Also worth checking out the descent routes (Vires and Virettes for us) when you get there as they're not blindingly obvious. It's quite a long traversy descent from the SE Classique on voie de vires for example.
 Andy Nisbet 04 May 2011
In reply to Different Steve:

Yes the descents were pretty complex and exciting.
OP tash 05 May 2011

Topos received - many thanks!

Thanks also for the heads up on the descents...

Very psyched now, just need to order some good weather in July!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...