UKC

Search Engine Optimisation - Time Frame

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sheffield Sam 03 May 2011
Hi All

I was wondering if somebody on UKC may be able to offer some advice, I’m sure there will be somebody on here that can.

Basically I am starting my own water hygiene company, concentrating on the control of legionnaire’s disease, to that end, amongst other things I’ve had a website built. I didn't have the skills to do this myself so have paid a guy to do it for me; I’m also paying him to do my google optimisation. He has been doing the google optimisation for the past 3 - 4 weeks and my website still isn't appearing in searches for the relevant phrases, I spoke to him today and he said we should leave it another month before making any changes as it can take 6 - 8 weeks for google to pick up a new website. As of yet I’ve had no e-mails enquiring about work off the back of my website so it hasn't started to pay for itself.

Is this a normal time frame for google optimisation? Also if anybody has any experience of paying folk to do it, what seems to be the going hourly rate?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
 rossowen 03 May 2011
In reply to Sheffield Sam: It takes time - (perhaps 6-8 weeks to start seeing good results) however you should see your site listed for the search terms very quickly, even if it's not very high up.

Can you provide some details about the site and the terms your looking to get results for?

OP Sheffield Sam 03 May 2011
Hi Ross

Interestingly my website has started appearing on the first page for google when "legionnella control surrey" and "legionnella risk assessment surry" is searched for which bodes well. My website is www.sr-waterservices.com my website man is going to start e-mailing a google analitics form which should help me have a better idea of what is going on.

Thanks for your reply.

Sam

Nexonen 03 May 2011
In reply to Sheffield Sam:

It will take a while, from what it looks like you're not doing too bad on the SEO after a few weeks.

I noticed the first result is a listings site - http://utilities.zibb.co.uk/suppliers/legionella+control+water+treatment+se...

I would submit your website to be listed there and on any other listings sites you can find, yellow pages etc.
 Brass Nipples 03 May 2011
In reply to Sheffield Sam:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/

You'll be able to seee everything about your site that Google sees, including the search terms being used that your site turns up in etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...