UKC

New wheels for the road bike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Robert Dickson 09 May 2011
After a rather gripping, piss-wet descent of Kirkstone Pass and several other passes yesterday it looks like my old Mavic Ksyrium Equipes now need replacing. I'm fairly bewildered by the huge range and would appreciate any suggestions for replacements. The bike gets used for day rides, sportives, light touring that sort of thing and I guess I'm looking for similar priced wheelset to what I'm currently using.

Ta,
Bob
 LastBoyScout 09 May 2011
In reply to Robert Dickson:

Fulcrum Racing 3?
 Graham T 09 May 2011
I'm looking at upgrading mine soon, have decided on the following.
Royce hubs, Mavic open pro ceramic rims, and DT swiss Revolution spokes.
I think that will come out around £500 and will build them myself. I think they will be wheels that might outlast me
 Piers 09 May 2011

I can put your old wheel rims to good use if you fancy donating them to my bike project? Long shot I know, but if you don't ask you don't get right?

Thanks

Piers
 3leggeddog 10 May 2011

What a day eh?

I went for easton ea90sl. light, strong, quick, very good climbers.

I was in your position about a year ago, confused by sychophantic online and magazine reviews written to preserve advertising revenue, I went for what my mates ride, I trust them much more than a journalist.
Robert Dickson 10 May 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog:
> (In reply to Robert Dickson)
>
> What a day eh?
>
Ummm... you said it! As you can see from my dismal time I found it a "challenge"! However, I have already progressed from "never again" to "how can I be less shite next year" so it's not all bad.

Cheers,
Bob
Robert Dickson 10 May 2011
In reply to all:
Thanks everyone for the useful suggestions, something to mull over there.
 Enty 10 May 2011
In reply to LastBoyScout:
> (In reply to Robert Dickson)
>
> Fulcrum Racing 3?

Light enough and bombproof - mine are 4 years old and have ridden the Flander's cobbles.

E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...