UKC

Alpkit jeans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Little AndyH 18 May 2011
Anyone know if Alpkit are going to make any more of their jeans? Mine have worn out.
Cheers
 HeMa 18 May 2011
In reply to Little AndyH:

No idea, but I'd order a pair or two as well. Since the 2 pairs I have are degrading rapidly.
 TobyA 18 May 2011
In reply to HeMa: Did you like them? I thought about ordering some but never got around to it. My thigh size (big!) makes finding comfortable jeans tricky, but I liked the idea of waterproof ones!
OP Little AndyH 18 May 2011
In reply to TobyA:
Yeah they're great, don't stay waterproof forever but still better than normal jeans.
PiercedRich 18 May 2011
In reply to TobyA: I've got quite chunky thighs and they're fine on me.
 HeMa 18 May 2011
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to HeMa) Did you like them?

Yah, actually have two pairs. Alas, both are gettin' pretty beat up by now.

> My thigh size (big!) makes finding comfortable jeans tricky, but I liked the idea of waterproof ones!

Yah, the skinny ones were pretty tight on me thigh as well. But the latter, more loose cut are really nice. As for the waterproofing... well, I did end up ice craggin' with 'em (after I forgot my softshell troos @ home), but I'd say they are more like water repellent. Like 'em though, and if Alpkit makes more of them (the loose kind, por favor), I'll order a pair or two.

DreadyCraig 18 May 2011
I'm really regretting not stocking up on these jeans. I have the regular fit and I love them, although the pockets could do with being slightly larger. Apparently the waterproofing can be reactivated with a warm iron.

How about we get a load of support on this thread and then email alpkit to see if they will make some more?
 zephr 18 May 2011
In reply to DreadyCraig:

sounds like a plan, mine are on their last legs. (as it were)
 Martin Imms 18 May 2011
In reply to Little AndyH: I love mine.. .. The waterproofing not the best but they are a great fit and I would have a pair or two... Come on Alpkit sort it out....
 mattrm 18 May 2011
In reply to zephr:

This is always the way with me and Alpkit stuff, it's never in stock when I can afford to buy it. I want to buy a bouldering mat and it's all out of stock. Ditto the sleeping bag.
 eschaton 18 May 2011
In reply to Little AndyH: i'd like another pair or two. the colour has faded quite alot from what it once was, but i've pretty much worn them 4-5 days a week for the last year and a bit.

make some more!
 Luke90 18 May 2011

Just in case Alpkit are listening... I too would like a pair.
 DreadyCraig 18 May 2011
I just realised, i'm wearing mine right now. love 'em!
 Wil.Hooke 18 May 2011
I contacted Alpkit about these, their response was along the lines of a new version is under development and would be out near the end of the year.
 franksnb 18 May 2011
In reply to Little AndyH: i hated mine
 Tom Last 19 May 2011

Great jeans - mine have worn out too.

Alpkit, please keep a version of the skinnier cut for the next batch!
 iksander 19 May 2011
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to HeMa) Did you like them? I thought about ordering some but never got around to it. My thigh size (big!) makes finding comfortable jeans tricky, but I liked the idea of waterproof ones!

Don't get the slim jims then. Even the regular ones feel a bit tight in the thighs but they ease up over time. The DWR/ encapsulation works great for about a week then disappears, haven't tried ironing but I suspect it is because denim is soft/furry fabric.
 Glansa 19 May 2011

This thread has reminded me of two things, 1: My second pair of Alpkit jeans are starting to look a bit scruffy through over-use and I really want another pair and 2: I need to email them and thank them for the truely stellar service I got a couple of weeks ago.
 pippab 19 May 2011

A quick plea to the lovely people at Alpkit - please will you do a women's version next time!

Thanks
 Stuzz 19 May 2011

M&S did something very similar a while back. I got a pair which i was quite impressed with. Similarly to the Alpkit ones the DWR didn't last forever but then i was washing them in normal detergent and never re proofed them.

Seems to be called Stormwear+ and comes in a few different styles and all for only £25! worth considering as an alternative.
 marsbar 19 May 2011
In reply to pippab:
> (In reply to Little AndyH)
>
> A quick plea to the lovely people at Alpkit - please will you do a women's version next time!
>
> Thanks

+1
 Sarah Stirling 20 May 2011
In reply to Little AndyH: Funny enough, I asked Alpkit about this last week, they said "unfortunately they are 'on hold' at the moment while we look at developments into them." I agree, I'd like a women's version Jeans on hold but tents coming up - looking forward to the launch of Alpkit's tents this autumn. We'll have one on review.

http://www.alpkit.com/colab/notes/introducing-the-prototype-tents

Sarah
 karinh 20 May 2011
In reply to pippab:
> (In reply to Little AndyH)
>
> A quick plea to the lovely people at Alpkit - please will you do a women's version next time!
>
> Thanks

Seconded...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...