UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Tendon Ambition 7.9mm Complete Shield Rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 25 May 2011
Ambition 7.9mm x 60m Complete Shield - Red, 3 kbThe Ambition 7.9 is a fantastic lightweight rope certified as both a half and twin rope. Great durability and fantastically low weight make this a great companion for alpinism, ice and mixed climbing.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=3329
 IanMulvany 25 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

"Using the new progressive method called Nanotechnology"

Ahem, that's like saying "Using the new progressive method called Technology" or "Using the new progressive method called Science" or "Using the new progressive method called Engineering". It basically doesn't mean anything.

I call marketing bullshit bingo on this one. I'm sure that what they mean is that they impregnated the rope with small particles of Teflon, but I'm also willing to bet that the process is a more generic materials and less "nano" oriented than implied.
 beardy mike 26 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Are you really doubting the vearcity of the Nanotechnology? Shame on you?
 LRob 26 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: 4 routes and the nanotechnology had worn off! The ropes are no longer 7.9mm (more like 8.9mm). They are now super absorbent. Not the best ropes I've used!
 StuLade 26 May 2011
In reply to LRob: That's a shame, the numbers look pretty decent and I'm on the look out for a pair of skinny half ropes for big snow and ice routes.
 HeMa 26 May 2011
In reply to StuLade:

Well, mine has stood up to 2 weeks in Lofoten + some more granite in Fin + 2 weeks of Costa Blanca limestone. True, it's a tad bigger now, but no where near is thick as my 9.1 brand spankin' new Beal Joker.

The Complete Dry whatever has also stood very well, when it comes to ice craggin' in Fin (no multipitch stuff).
 royal 26 May 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:
I bought one of these for Kalymnos after being recommended for their durability. It's the best rope I've bought, still looks brand new after 10 days of abuse on pretty sharp slabs and falling on the overhanging stuff
 StuLade 02 Jun 2011
In reply to HeMa: I'm not overly fussed on the thickness, it's the weight i'd like to get down so sounds good and if the dry treatment is still going this rope might be back in the running.
skarabrae 02 Jun 2011
In reply to LRob: i`ve had a pair since 07, they`ve been well used every winter including trips to rjukan & colorado, still going strong (well..maybe for another couople of season) can def recommend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...