UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Camargo does Ali-Hulk. Video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Felipe Camargo, 4 kbFelipe Camargo, the Brazilian #1, is on a 3 month trip to Europe. Lately, he's been hanging out at Rodellar, where he used Dani Andrada's link-up Ali-Hulk to get back into shape after a finger injury.
Felipe describes the route as a really powerfull roof, but at the same time really...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=62562
 JLS 07 Jun 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Despite understanding from my own (low grade) climbing how the incremental gains can eventually add up to climbing something that may have initially seemed improbable, I still find watching the likes of this video mind blowing.

I mean this sort of stuff is impossible init? These videos are made in Hollywood right? There are hidden wires?

Amazing stuff.
 davegs 07 Jun 2011

Fab climbing, but, I think someone should stuff the fish eye lens where the sun don't shine. Doesn't make it any better.
 andyinglis 07 Jun 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Didnae clip the chains..... close, maybe next time!
 Scarab 07 Jun 2011

cant believe the reaction here, or lack thereof. one of europes hardest routes climbed by a fairly unknown person...
 Scarab 07 Jun 2011

Or am I being confused as its 9b only with a sitstart?
 JKinsella 07 Jun 2011
In reply to Scarab:
Who posts on UKC if not to complain or claim ascents were not valid for xyz. No one really cares about actual ability.
In reply to andyinglis: Back around son!
 Robert Durran 08 Jun 2011

What an intensely irritating video in every way. Absolutely appalling...
 jazzyjackson 08 Jun 2011
In reply to Robert Durran:
> (In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC)
>
> What an intensely irritating video in every way. Absolutely appalling...

moaning b*stard
Pete_Robinson 08 Jun 2011
>
> What an intensely irritating video in every way. Absolutely appalling...

What a pointless and intensely negative comment yet again from Robert Durran. Isn't there another website you can go to moan and bitch on? Cos you sure as hell don't seem to enjoy or appreciate anything related with climbing!
 JimboWizbo 08 Jun 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Yet another repeat of AliHulk with no sign of "The mono". Has a better sequence been found or was Dani Andrada simply showboating with the mono campus?
 Robert Durran 08 Jun 2011
In reply to Pete_Robinson:
> (In reply to Robert Durran)
> [...]
>
> What a pointless and intensely negative comment yet again from Robert Durran.

I entirely stand by my comment about the video. It was totally sh**.

Unless I am mistaken and we have just seen the birth of the new subsport of bouldering on small asteroids. The dynamics must be a bit different; risk of floating away rather than falling off.
 Fraser 08 Jun 2011

<hijack> I was talking about the other (Old Comp Wall) grey route last night, sorry!</hijack>

Impressive climbing in the video.
 jazzyjackson 08 Jun 2011
> (In reply to Pete_Robinson)
> [...]
>
> I entirely stand by my comment about the video. It was totally sh**.
>
> Unless I am mistaken and we have just seen the birth of the new subsport of bouldering on small asteroids. The dynamics must be a bit different; risk of floating away rather than falling off.

yawn. You are so full of hot air why dont you float away. lol
 flaneur 08 Jun 2011

Impressive climbing as far as I watched. I gave up after 2 minutes, very poor video.
 abarro81 08 Jun 2011
In reply to Scarab:
>
> Or am I being confused as its 9b only with a sitstart?

Yeah, 9b is for the Ali baba sit into hulk extension (so a bit more on the start and end).

JimboWizbo: The mono on dosage is strangely shot, it's not actually on ali hulk, think it's actually part of Pichacho or one of the other problems there (it's about 10ft away from where ali baba climbs).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...