UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: McClure on Quarryman, Jorg on Strawberries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Jun 2011
Steve McClure in the desperate slate chimney groove of The Quarryman, 3 kbThis week's Friday Night Video is footage of Jorg Verhoeven onsighting Strawberries (E7), Steve McClure on the Quarryman (E8) and Sarah Seeger climbing Statement of Youth (F8a).

The film is s short clip from the Marmot Rocks North Wales trip in May 2011.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=62715

GDes 20 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News: Strawberries 7b???? I think a few people might have something to sAy about thAt!!!
 Mike Nolan 20 Jun 2011
In reply to UKC News: Why don't climbing videos show much climbing anymore!! I don't know about anyone else, but I wan't to see the whole ascent! I can't stand it when they cut out moves etc. For example, there wasn't really any footage of steve McClure doing any on the Quarryman moves, just holding onto a few holds.
 johnnorman 20 Jun 2011
In reply to Mike Nolan:

I guess there`ll be a dvd in the making, so you`ll have to buy it before you can see ant decent footage
In reply to UKC News: would of been nice to see a marmot waterproof out in that rain in the beginning of the video the rest of us go out in north wales rain no matter
 Dr_C 20 Jun 2011
In reply to Mike Nolan:
Couldn't agree more Mike - and unlike me I see you are not a grumpy old man (for whom things were ,naturally, always better in the 60's etc...etc......) I want to see the climbing - of routes I can only dream of going on.
 Mike Nolan 20 Jun 2011
In reply to Dr_C: Definitely not a grumpy old man! :P

I watched Stone Monkey recently, the ascent of The Quarryman showed pretty much every move, all the clips, it really lets you watch the movement and footwork, new films seem to show small sections of screaming and grunting, no gear placing and not many moves at all.

/rant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...