UKC

Organising Slings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Juglan 18 Jun 2011
So I've just spend some time organising all my gear on my new sling, but still can't work out a clever way to organise the million slings I have. Anyone got any clever ideas?
 Legionreturns 18 Jun 2011
In reply to Lupine Lacuna:

Sure. Don't carry them all! I carry 2 x 60s, 2 x 120s and 2 x 240s... and often that's overkill!

OP Juglan 18 Jun 2011
No I mean storing them at home, my box is beautifullyy arranged except the mass of annoying slings!
 mrchewy 18 Jun 2011
In reply to Lupine Lacuna: A tie hanger.
 Legionreturns 18 Jun 2011

Oh... pass! I don't know the dimensions of your home or indeed the storage facilities. Short of coiling them on krabs I have no other information! Maybe check out a bag of holding on one of the d&d sites and employ a 15th level wizard to make one for you?
 EddInaBox 18 Jun 2011

It's a lot more effort than folding, twisting, sticking them on a krab, but you can chain knot each sling, it stops them getting tangled, is quick to undo, and doesn't need a krab to stop them unravelling. Plus, if you chain knot a cordellette and two 240cm slings you can fashion a natty sit harness, probably utterly lethal but really quite comfortable.
 Monk 18 Jun 2011

I just bung mine in the bottom of a box or in a carrier bag.
 GrahamD 20 Jun 2011

If you iron them before putting them away they will stay nice and flat, with the benefit of having smart sharp creases in them for looking your best at the crag.
 jonnylowes 20 Jun 2011
In reply to GrahamD:
> (In reply to Lupine Lacuna)
>
> If you iron them before putting them away they will stay nice and flat, with the benefit of having smart sharp creases in them for looking your best at the crag.

i thought i was the only one doing this. you have to be really really carfull though, as i think i might have damaged a couple using this technique. the small thin ones seem to be more effected then the large red ones i've got.
 RankAmateur 20 Jun 2011
In reply to Legionreturns:
Now you're just being silly. I'm sure it takes level 20 to do a permanent enchantment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...