UKC

Brean Down tide times

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi, I am looking at the tide times for this weekend in Brean Down: http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/easytide/EasyTide/ShowPrediction.aspx?PortID=05...

Does anyone know wether Boulder Cove gets in the water at high tide?
In reply to ncianca:
> Hi, I am looking at the tide times for this weekend in Brean Down: http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/easytide/EasyTide/ShowPrediction.aspx?PortID=05...
>
> Does anyone know wether Boulder Cove gets in the water at high tide?

you will be fine but you wont be able to get out, we were there a couple of weeks ago with huge tides and there is still space, but no escape for an hour or so
In reply to ncianca: You can still climb there as the following story clearly illustrates. Be warned.

Several years ago a lady in the cafe saw me and my mate climbing there and thought that we had been trapped by the tide so called the rescue services out. As we walked back along the top all we could see were blue and orange lights flashing as numerous coast guard, police and ambulance vehicles waited for us as two helicopters circled above. We even made the evening news that night. I think they were all more embarrassed than we were.

I can't recollect but this suggests that there is a way out.

Al
 JayK 24 Jun 2011
In reply to ncianca:

Brean is an awesome little venue. Might be a little sweaty if the sun comes out though!
Good, thanks everyone!
 RockSteady 24 Jun 2011
In reply to ncianca:

I was there once when the tide came in - the cove didn't get wet but you can't walk out over the sand. However, you can scramble out up a slightly dodgy path at the left edge of the cove. In the guidebook this is called high tide exit or something.
In reply to RockSteady:
> (In reply to ncianca)
>
> I was there once when the tide came in - the cove didn't get wet but you can't walk out over the sand. However, you can scramble out up a slightly dodgy path at the left edge of the cove. In the guidebook this is called high tide exit or something.

Interesting...
 deepstar 24 Jun 2011
In reply to ncianca: You could try Axe Quarry at Brean,it is a quite place of the beaten track with about 4 sport routes and a couple of trad.
There was no need to worry about the tide... it never actually reached Boulder Cove... Anyway, what a fantastic day! If Britain had more of this weather, Ryanair wouldn't have any business!
 John Alcock 27 Jun 2011
In reply to ncianca:
For future reference you can always scramble in or out of Brean at high tide by a slope at the far end of Boulder Cove. It's not pleasant if the grass is wet, but otherwise ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...