UKC

Ten Top Boulder Problems of the Peak District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 04 Jul 2011
Andy Banks on Excavator's Arete, Dobb Edge, 4 kbThe new Peak District Bouldering guide has just been published. To mark the release, authors Rupert Davies and John Coefield have picked out 5 of their favourite problems climbed while working on the new edition.

"No polish, no crowds, no queue, no-one else at all. Really good moves too. I love it..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3876

In reply to UKC Articles:

Yikes - you wouldn't want to be bouncing around if you came off Touch, would you? I don't remember it looking as scary as that photo - perhaps it's deceptive.

jcm
 Dave Garnett 04 Jul 2011
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

It's not as bad as it looks. In the photo it looks as if you'd go straight over the top of Heart of Gold! The main problem is that it's completely desperate!
 Jon Read 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Dave Garnett:
Andi tells me the wall to the left has now been done (not by him!). Any details?
 Dave Garnett 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Jon Read:

I hadn't heard anything. Actually, if you fancy showing me how to do Touch one evening, I'm prepared to pay in beer!. There's no point my asking Andi, he won't know where the hard bit is.
 Niall Grimes 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Dave Garnett: Can't Touch This, font 7B, by Dom Bridgwood, climbing between Touch and the arete
 Yanis Nayu 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Niall Grimes:
> (In reply to Dave Garnett) Can't Touch This, font 7B, by Dom Bridgwood, climbing between Touch and the arete

Do you have to wear extremely baggy trousers?
 Dave Garnett 04 Jul 2011
In reply to wayno265:

...and belong to the Hammer MC
 Jon Read 05 Jul 2011
In reply to Niall Grimes:
Ah yes, good name. The landing is significantly gully-like if I recall. Bon effort.
 davidj 26 Jul 2011
In reply to Dave Garnett:

Here is a short video of Dom Bridgwood doing Touch!

vimeo.com/25524990

Seem to remember he was wearing the same clothes for Can't Touch This unfortunately, although I do believe he owns several pairs of parachute pants...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...