UKC

Canon G10 and saving RAW settings

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nadir khan 06 Jul 2011
Is it possible to save settings on the G10 so that when i switch it on its ready to shoot in RAW mode or do I have to go into menu and choose RAW every time i switch it on which is just impractical on a route with gloves etc . I've read the manual and its just not clear whether or not you can save the settings that i want . Anyone any ideas or experience of this ?
 Justin T 06 Jul 2011
In reply to nk:

Um yes, it remembers settings but these are specific to each mode (Av,Tv, custom etc) and will shoot however you've set up that mode when you're in it. There is no RAW in AUTO mode, though.
OP Nadir khan 06 Jul 2011
In reply to quadmyre: i was trying to set up the C1 or C2 to shoot in RAw as i assumed that it was cusomizable . I'll try again in Av and see if that helps , thanks
 sheep 06 Jul 2011
In reply to nk:

Changing from jpeg to RAW is in the Function Set menu and will therefore apply to the camera as a whole, apart from those modes which are not able to support RAW, ie, Auto and Preset modes.

I always keep RAW selected as the format for the 'creative' side of the mode wheel, then if i want to shoot jpeg, i use one of the preset modes which then automatically reverts to jpeg.
OP Nadir khan 06 Jul 2011
In reply to sheep: the problem is when i switch the camera off , it doesnt store the RAW selection and i have to re select it when i next switch the camera on . what am i doing wrong ?
 sheep 06 Jul 2011
In reply to nk: what am i doing wrong ?

If you select RAW in P,Av,Tv or M then that setting will apply to those 4 modes. C1 and C2 are independant and you should be be able to set those to anything you want.

I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't apply.

Sorry i can't be of more help.
 sheep 06 Jul 2011
In reply to nk:

hm, just a thought, are you actually refering to the 'Save Settings' option in the first menu ?

If so, i couldn't figure that out <blush>, and i just enter my settings manually into C1 and C2
 Graeme Barr 06 Jul 2011
In reply to nk: Think it will revert to jpeg setting when in full auto mode but should stay in RAW mode for P,Av etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...