UKC

NEWS: INTERVIEW: Hazel FIndlay on Once Upon... E9

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 12 Jul 2011
Hazle Findlay, 4 kbRichie Patterson interviews Hazel Findlay after her recent ascent of Once Upon a Time in the South West (E9).

"It felt really good. I really enjoyed climbing it. The start was a bit of a battle; I was feeling shaky and cold..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=63019

Dave MacLeod 12 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: What a brilliant ascent! I could never climb on that wall in summer. BTW if you ever go back for the other one... I found a non height dependent way to do the crux of the Walk of Life. I found it a bit of a stretch where James did a long reach rightwards. If you rock directly up onto your left foot rather than stretch out right, there is another flat edge that takes you directly to the first jug ledge. I can't remember exactly how it goes but it's much easier if you are a short guy - or girl!
 chris wyatt 12 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC News: I think this is awesome. Well done Hazel!
Viralata 13 Jul 2011
As Hazel mentions, she was not the first woman to climb E9...I know it sells ads, but maybe lay off the superlative a bit.

Viralata 13 Jul 2011
BTW...Well done Hazel!
 Blue Straggler 13 Jul 2011
In reply to Viralata:

She doesn't quite say that, but, rather, makes (gallant) reference to a very hard route that happens to be graded under a different system (and kind of implies that other such examples exist). I believe the fact remains that she is the first woman to lead a route GRADED at E9, if that makes sense.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...