UKC

How to rescue your second

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 22 Jul 2011
Self Rescue for Climbers - Dealing with a Stuck sSecond – Assisted Hoists, 4 kbAs part of his UKC video series, Steve Long shows us how to deal with a stuck second using an 'assisted hoist'

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3473
 pishmishy 22 Jul 2011
Have you put the right photo with the article? I'm fairly sure the photo is illustrating an unassisted hoist.
 john spence 22 Jul 2011
In reply to pishmishy: I was going to say that.Definatley the wrong photo.John
 franksnb 22 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: if you are using half ropes is it okay to use both together or just use one?

thanks
 simondgee 22 Jul 2011
In reply to franksnb: one is fine and easier.
 Yanis Nayu 22 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: I always thought that was why you carried a knife.
 Babika 25 Jul 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:
Great technique but a good idea if you've discussed it first!

With the best will in the world, a crab dangling down on a loop to a frightened partner skulking under an overhang with words blowing around in the wind and the sea crashng below is not the best place to try it for the first time!

franksnb 27 Jul 2011
In reply to simondgee: thanks
el_gato 27 Jul 2011
Great Video! Thank you very much.
Even though it is a little fast in some sections, but hey, I watched it several times .
One question: What knot would you use for tieing off the belay device? I just read in the book from Duane Raleigh and Mike Clelland and they suppose a Mule knot. I did this one but with an eight at the end. Will this do for the assisted hoist?

Thanks in advance,

Felix
 Jonny2vests 29 Jul 2011
In reply to Babika:
> (In reply to UKC Articles)
> Great technique but a good idea if you've discussed it first!
>
> With the best will in the world, a crab dangling down on a loop to a frightened partner skulking under an overhang with words blowing around in the wind and the sea crashng below is not the best place to try it for the first time!

Its a rescue technique - you're hardly likely to discuss it first.
 Jonny2vests 29 Jul 2011
In reply to el_gato:

Mule knot is right.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...