UKC

best uk - france ferry crossing (travel pembroke - cham) ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jussy 27 Jul 2011
i will be driving from pembroke to chamonix, and just looking into booking the ferry / tunnel crossing.... and there are so many different routes available it is really confusing!

so what's the best crossing route to take? i would like to keep the overall journey time as short as possible...

and where is a good spot to stop along the way in france for a day or two to go climbing and break up the journey?

thanks
 Sam Mayfield 27 Jul 2011
In reply to jussy:

cheapest by a long way is Norfolk Line as they are still known I think.

Dover to Dunkirk which yes is higher up than Calais but only a few km and last month I paid £13 one way.

Sam Orange
 stevev 27 Jul 2011
In reply to jussy: Fastest is eurotunnel. Cheapest is an overnight ferry, 1-4am sort of time. Ferry is good if you need a break from driving, you get to eat and stretch legs.
 scotlass 27 Jul 2011
In reply to jussy: We go from dover to calais a total journey time of 16hrs From North yorkshire to Chamonix, but remember the toll roads
 mloskot 27 Jul 2011
In reply to jussy: On 5th of Aug, I'm travelling to France/Spain and I've had same thing to solve.After 3-4 days of monitoring prices of various ferry companies, I decided to go for Norfolk Line as cheapest, even if not goes to Calais. I got return ticket for £60, but two days earlier (for same time, off peak, low fares) it would be £54

So, check and book ASAP, don't wait even a day if unnecessary.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...