UKC

NEWS: Climbing with Maya - Video Series coming up on UKC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Aug 2011
Climbing with Maya - the series, 4 kb'Climbing with Maya' is a short 6 episode series following Bristol based climber Maya Holding.

The series captures the struggle, the joy and the just plain fun of getting out on the rock.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=63119

whistler 02 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News:
Am I the only one who can't see the vid ?
 ericinbristol 02 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Looks really promising: I like the concept a lot. One of the best climbing videos ever along these lines was Nick Tarmey's 'Living for the Weekend' about a year in the life of the Glasgow University Mountaineering Club.
Wiley Coyote2 02 Aug 2011
In reply to whistler:

No probs on my not-very-sophisticated machine
In reply to ericinbristol:

Was that the one where he somehow persuaded Ben 'n' Jerry to walk into Dumbie in rain and midge? That photo of thenm trudging in with cagoules and bouldering mats on their backs, looking as though they'd each just swallowed an entire barrelful of cold sick, is possibly my favourite climbing photo ever. Can someone please post it up??

jcm
 DrGav 02 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Great idea. Looking forward to it! Esp as it focuses on Cheddar.
 ericinbristol 02 Aug 2011
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

No, it's this one:
http://climb-guide.com/reviews/videos.html
"Living For The Weekend - A Year In Glasgow University Mountaineering Club
More of a lifestyle film than a climbing video, although climbing does feature highly. Nick Tarmey has produced an amusing vid, with some excellent climbing moments. Starting with a simple stroll up a munroe, to daring and dodgy mixed ice routes in the Cairngorms, then an Alps trip and finishing with some Colorado ice. In amongst all this there is a large amount of drinking, puking, and sheep chasing. The climbing is not always at the cutting edge, but the climbers are at their limit, which makes it all feel fairly serious. Except when Nick solos an E5. The best climbing video out there."

In reply to ericinbristol:

OK, right filmmaker, wrong film - evidently the one I remember was Cutting Loose, also by NT (the one below LFTW in your link, in fact).

Anyone know the photo I mean? Sadly Google can't conjure it up for me.

jcm
 chris j 03 Aug 2011
In reply to whistler:
> (In reply to UKC News)
> Am I the only one who can't see the vid ?

I can't either. Running Win 7, Google Chrome, just get a black rectangle. First UKC vid I've seen this problem on.
 Murd 03 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News: Can't see it either, happened yesterday on another thread aswell
 jon 03 Aug 2011
In reply to Murd:

Me too, but I daren't tell Alan - he'd just tell me to get rid of Internet Explorer!
 mungo 03 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News:
I just get the black rectangle too ???
Only had this on the last 2 or 3 ukc vids..
 mungo 04 Aug 2011
In reply to asamarra:
Thay all now work fine, cheers !!
 Fraser 07 Aug 2011
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I remember the clip you mean, though not a specific still. I'll dig it out and see if I can extract a still from it.
In reply to UKC News:

Starting today at 5pm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...