UKC

Klattermusen gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 hfac 03 Aug 2011
Having recently been to sweden I have seen some really good quality gear made by Klattermusen, especially their rucksacks and jackets, would anyone have tried them on at some point here, and know how their gear perform?
ice.solo 04 Aug 2011
In reply to hfac:

seen it in japan. looks innovative and well made but extraordinarily expensive so havent tried anything out.
In reply to hfac: I've had a pair of Mithril pants which have withstood 12 years of rock climbing, winter climbing and ski touring. A few crampon holes here and there, but otherwise good as new (ish). Extremely versatile trousers.

Expensive, but excellent quality.
 marie_p 04 Aug 2011
In reply to hfac: I have the Liv down jumper. I love it. It's done two winters here and one in the Arctic. It seems like really quality stuff, but I agree it is very expensive!
 Stefan Kruger 04 Aug 2011
In reply to hfac:

I've used several generations of their kit, jackets and tops mainly. They're quirky, but excellent in the 'field'. And very expensive.
 DanielJ 04 Aug 2011
In reply to hfac:
+ Innovative (although not always in their advantage) ecofriendly, very long lasting garments (some are bulletproof)

- Expensive as hell and usually quite heavy. although the new rucksacks looks neither superexpensive nor heavy

I´ve used the Einride jacket and the Mithril trousers. Friends have used various rucksacks and clothing. If you know someone in Sweden or visits frequently you can sometimes buy directly from their websites outlet (demo, 2nd, or gear which has been tested for approx half price)
In reply to hfac: I have a pair of their Gere trousers. Amazing piece of kit for rockclimbing, hillwalking, and have used them for ski touring too. Worth their weight in gold.
OP hfac 07 Aug 2011
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: agree on the expensive of hell side, I was in sweden a few weeks ago and had a look at some of their gear, their jackets certainly caught my eyes but they were far too expensive to justify.
However I am very attracted to their rucksacks, I think it's an Avraker 60, and there's another 65L rucksack similar to it!! again, ridiculously expensive, but amazing build and quality.
In reply to hfac: True, true, my freind.....but it becomes affordable if fortunately an independent retailer nearby gives you a hefty discount as a longterm customer though! )))
OP hfac 07 Aug 2011
In reply to nickinscottishmountains: would you appear to know of any? hahaha
In reply to hfac: Not in Bath or Hong Kong, sorry!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...