UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Ramon repeats Le Cadre nouvelle version

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ramón Julian Puigblanque, 4 kbAfter a Gold in the World Championships in Arco and a 3rd place at Briancon, Ramón Julian Puigblanque has gone on vacation. Climbing vacation.
At Céüse he made short work of Le Cadre nouvelle version, 9a, (which nowadays is the only version anyone is climbing as far as I know). Ramonet needed 3...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=63428
 Peter Walker 04 Aug 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Doesn't Three Degrees of Separation have some absolutely enormous dyno(s) on it, and isn't Ramonet about three feet tall? 'Impressive' would be the word.
 abarro81 04 Aug 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

> (which nowadays is the only version anyone is climbing as far as I know).
The original is broken at the chipped section apparently. Arnaud Petit said he thought it would still probably be possible the original way at ~8c+ but pretty nasty.

Does anyone know what "dos llensaments" means? (On Ramon's scorecard comment but the online translators don't know it.)
 standard 04 Aug 2011
In reply to abarro81:

Looks like Catalan. 'dos llançaments' in catalan is 'two throws' ('two goes' obviously)
Not sure if he's misspelled it or speaking another dialect.
 abarro81 04 Aug 2011
In reply to standard:
'two throws' makes sense - the comment is about the crux section which I think has some big moves on it. Cheers for the knowledge!
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

That would be bloody impressive to repeat 3 degrees considering how short he is... A font 8A dyno that Adam Ondra couldn't do despite his height and that Sharma looks proper stretched on too! I think Ramon is strong enough to pull on the non existent holdsnin between anyway : P
mallory45 05 Aug 2011
Since no one but Sharma has done 3 degrees - and lots of top climbers have tried - does it merit 9b?
 krank 05 Aug 2011
In reply to mallory45:
no

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...