UKC

reccomend me a scottish winter/ single day alpine pack.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GraMc 06 Aug 2011
looking for a 30 to 35 litre pack, preferably with removable hip belt, modern tool attachements, and single buckle closure, do people have any thoughts on the new black diamond epic, and any of the blue ice packs?
 Petarghh 06 Aug 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath: Hey Graham,

Saw the new Blue ice Warthog pack a couple of days ago, looks very good indeed (will be buying one when the student loan comes in !!)

generous at 26 litre, small hipbelt that you could clip away, ice axe attachments are good ( i have fusions and they work perfectly if you clip a krab through both loops.. Durable material used but still lightweight

Looks like the perfect technical day pack to me !

Pete.
benhuggins 06 Aug 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath:

I have a Arc'Teryx Silo 30. Best ski/mountaineering day pack I have ever owned. Although someone said to me that they may be discontinued...
 TobyA 07 Aug 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3855 A nice all-rounder and they do a 30 ltr version if you want a bit smaller a pack.
In reply to Ginger McGrath: I guess it depends on the type of routes you're doing but for me 35l would be too small for Scottish Winter (45l works for me) and too big for Summer Alpine (20l Alpkit Gourdon has become my new favourite).
 Milesy 10 Aug 2011
I find 45 perfect for scottish winter. Compresstion straps on mine help with reducing volume after kitting up. I have seen people with smaller but they end up strapping stuff outside, and there have been more a few who have dropped crampons or whatnot half way up to the CIC, that have been strapped to the outside of their sack.
OP GraMc 13 Aug 2011
In reply to Ginger McGrath: i prefer a smaller pack for the acctual climbing, but cheers for all the info, the warthog looks pretty sick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...