UKC

Chewwie has passed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Hooper 21 Aug 2011
I know the readership of these forums has moved on over the last year and this may not mean so much to many people. But please allow me the indulgence of posting anyway :

Chewwie passed at 5.45pm, Fri 19th Aug. It was a happy death - he went the way he lived - loved and loving, laid back and relaxed, full of trust and contentment - he didnt suffer.

I will work up some words and piccies for a little obituary, later on.

Thankyou

David
In reply to David Hooper: sad times david. RIP chewwie. Condolences

Hope you are well.
 wilkie14c 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper:
Rest well Chewwie. Thoughts are with you David.
 Al Evans 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Condolences David, never met him but he looked and sounded a fine dog.
 pneame 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Sad news.
Best wishes and sympathy. I still miss our Molly B and it's been 15 years.
 koolkat 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: feel for you we lost our collie last year and its hard to let them go
 Banned User 77 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Just saw that, not sure what to say, never a nice time. The down side of having dogs are periods like this but its those with huge characters which leave huge voids. Sounds like you made a brave call.
 Flicka 21 Aug 2011

Condolences. We lost all three of ours in the space of a year for various reasons. That was 5 years ago now. Still miss them, but it gets easier to smile at the memories in time...

<Big hugs>
 cfer 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: I know you were very close and that you treasure the connection you had with him, not many people can claim the same. My deepest condolences for you.

Regards
 Mr Lopez 21 Aug 2011

I'm really sorry for that David. Truly saddening news

Chewwie was lucky enough to have had the best owner and friend he could possibly have, and i'm sure there wasn't a happier dog around.

Very sincere condolences David, and all my best wishes.
Mots d'Invers 21 Aug 2011

Deepest condolences to you and yours. The love you had for him was clear to see to all on these forums, and he was as much a part of the forums as any human member. Wishing you strength at this sad time.

RIP Chewwie.
 marsbar 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Sorry to hear this, but pleased he didn't suffer. Thinking of you all
 Fraser 21 Aug 2011

Sorry to hear it David. I've never met you or Chewwie, but I know just how hard it is to let them go when it's their time. I can be heart-breaking, but I can say with experience, it does get better with time. Best wishes.
 Morgan Woods 21 Aug 2011

Sad to hear, I was a big fan of his photos on here and have a new found appreciation of the very fine Berger Picard thanks to you.
 Steve John B 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you and yours.
 Boogs 21 Aug 2011

Best and warmest wishes David , its good that he passed in a relaxed and a relatively comfortable way . Its seems that he had a wonderful adventure of a life in beautiful surroundings and a fantastic companion to share it all with .

With sympathy ,

Leon
 waterbaby 21 Aug 2011

So sorry to hear this David. All the best.
Hope you are ok yourself.
 Padraig 21 Aug 2011
Gutted to read this Dave! Really sorry. He lived a full life and brought much joy to MANY people.
pad
 upordown 21 Aug 2011

I'm really sorry to hear that - I have tears in my eyes though I've never met either of you. It's good that it was quiet and peaceful and he was with the people he loved. I think Mr Lopez summed it up - 'Chewwie was lucky enough to have had the best owner and friend he could possibly have'. Stay strong, David, for your sake and his.

David, thank you for being brave enough to share this with us all. With much heartfelt best wishes to you both from Dartmoor.

Sam
 Simon 21 Aug 2011

Sincere deep sympathies David, Chewwie was a great dog and we will remember him fondly, all the best.

Si
 AlisonSmiles 21 Aug 2011

It means something to me, and I'm sorry you've lost him.

How are you doing?
 Skyfall 21 Aug 2011

I don't post much nowadays at all but I'm sorry to hear this. The photos of him were some of the best outdoors shots I've seen, and I don't even have dogs. RIP chewwie.
 ring ouzel 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Really sorry to hear that big man. I still miss our dog and its been 20 years! Good memories though. They will never fade away.

Sad. It's a real wrench to lose them.

ALC
 SonyaD 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: So sorry David, rest in peace furry doggy. I'm not even that keen on dogs but your pics of Chewie always put a smile on my face and he seemed a good and chilled dog, much like his partner in crime
ice.solo 21 Aug 2011

sorry mate. keep livin as hed want you to.
Yrmenlaf 21 Aug 2011

Sorry to hear that, David. I've lost dogs, and know something of how you feel (and I'd never met Chewwie, but he seems seems to have been an exceptional dog).

Y.
 Milesy 21 Aug 2011
My thoughts are with you. I felt like I knew him through here.
 Yanis Nayu 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Really sad to hear that David, especially combined with what you're going through at the minute.

Sounds like you had a great time together, and I'm sure you'll have many happy memories to reflect on over the coming years.

All the best.
Tim Chappell 21 Aug 2011

RIP Chewwie. Canine heaven has just got better... best wishes to yourself, though.
 bradholmes 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: My thoughts are with you, David. Remember all the good times!
 birdie num num 21 Aug 2011
That's tough David, sorry to hear it.
Best to you.
Num Num.
Removed User 21 Aug 2011
I'm so sorry David. Through this forum, I've realised what a fantastic life you gave him. Its a two way thing though, and for that you have my profound sympathy.

In time, another dog. It'll not be another Chewwie, but you'll love him nonetheless; a character in his, or her, own right. And that dog, whoever they might be, will be forever grateful that they've you as an owner.
rb

goosebump 21 Aug 2011
Ages ago I promised you and chewie a pint (if we ever met), after having my heart warmed and my spirits lifted by the photo of you both together, all smiles. His spirit will be with you on walks always, I bet. Ill toast his wookie goodness tonight x
Slugain Howff 21 Aug 2011

Sorry to hear that David. We lost our old mountain girl, who was born in our kitchen, a few weeks back so know how you will be feeling.

S
 MHutch 21 Aug 2011

Sorry to hear that. I'm not a dog person, but I could tell how much joy he brought you and others via your postings. What a brilliant life you gave him.

Take care of yourself.
 John_Hat 21 Aug 2011

Sorry to hear that -

Best wishes to you and family.
 bouldery bits 21 Aug 2011

Very sorry to hear.

cuzdave 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Hi mate really sorry to hear about Chewwie, have had many happy times with him, our biking runs wont be the same without him short cutting the degla finish, send our love and thoughts to you and Liz, Dave and co.
 thin bob 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: my sympathies. a dog dying hurts more than it 'should'..but they don't know that.... A good life and a good death and some brilliant pictures and i'm sure, memories.
Peace to you and your family.
 Ridge 21 Aug 2011
I'm really sorry to hear that David. It sounds like he had a fantastic life for a dog, with lots of fun, love and adventure. We're thinking of you.

Ridge and Jude
 Toby S 21 Aug 2011

Genuinely sorry to hear that David. He sounded like a great dog. All the best.
 abr1966 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: It's a tough one at any time mate but probably tougher just now with lots going on for you.

I came down from a stroll up shining torr wth my dog earlier ad heard from a neighbour that the rspca had taken a dog away from someone down the next road on friday....apparantly it had never been out of the house in 4 years!

A shame for that dog but a good contrast to know you've given your dog a good life...

Best wishes mate,
Jasmada 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: RIP Chewwie you had a wonderful life. Hugs to David and family.
 CarolineMc 21 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Sorry to hear the sad news. All the very best, Co:
 deepsoup 21 Aug 2011
Hi David
Very sad news, sorry to hear it.
As folk have said above, he had a brilliant life. He was as lucky to be your dog as you were to have him.
Chin up mate.
 Bobling 21 Aug 2011

R.I.P. sorry to hear that.
so sorry to hear,he seemed a really brill dog, hope your doing ok.
hannah and only a hill.
 fimm 22 Aug 2011

I am sorry to hear that.
Best wishes to you.
 Tom Hutton 28 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: I'm so sad to read this David. I've been there a few times myself. RIP Chewwie.
 toad 30 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: late to the thread, but I'm truly sorry. It's always, always hard to lose a dog, but it sounds to me like he had the best time a dog could have wanted.
 d_b 30 Aug 2011
In reply to David Hooper: Very sad news.

I met Chewie in the Bryn Tyrch about a year ago. A most chilled out and friendly dog.
 MattJP 30 Aug 2011

So sorry to hear that David! RIP Chewwie!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...