UKC

NEWS: UKC / PyB - The Big Winter Climb Skills Weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Aug 2011
BWC Montage, 6 kbFollowing on from the success of our previous skills weekends at Plas y Brenin, we are pleased to announce a weekend of workshops on winter climbing skills.

NEWS ON THE GOODY BAG SOON

The Big Winter Climb (26-27 November)

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=63784

In reply to UKC News: Just booked. Sounds like just what I need.
In reply to Double Knee Bar: I doubt there'll be much ice around to hone those skills on until at least late Dec!
In reply to UKC News: How much use would this be to someone with no previous winter climbing experience at all? I am looking to try out winter climbing this year and would like to learn some of the skills. Also it is my birthday around then so some advice of kit would be welcome if I get any money

David
In reply to David Kirsfelds: I would take that £160 and spend it on some nice shiny gear and get someone off here to show you the ropes. I am moving to wales in a few months so I would be happy to get out with you and show you the basics!
Jim Crow 25 Aug 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Bet there'll be some banging conditions that weekend. Was fine last year.
 Michael Ryan 27 Aug 2011
In reply to David Kirsfelds:
> (In reply to UKC News) How much use would this be to someone with no previous winter climbing experience at all? I am looking to try out winter climbing this year and would like to learn some of the skills.

There's no substitute for getting out there and winter climbing, but two days intensive and fun instruction from some of the best instructors in the outdoor world will be invaluable.

The cost will be offset by the Big Winter Climb goody bag we are putting together.

More details in September.

Mick

In reply to Mick Ryan - Senior Editor - UKC: Any more details yet Mick?
 yarrow 27 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Does anybody heading to this from the midlands fancy sharing a lift? I'll be leaving from Birmingham but happy to pick others up from around that area!
Any more details yet Mick?
 Michael Ryan 06 Oct 2011
In reply to Double Knee Bar:

Assembling the Goody Bag...it's looking good. Will post a news up date next week.

All the best,

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...