UKC

Dali's Hole Campsite?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Luk e 27 Aug 2011

Soo... was at Dinorwig slate quarry today and noticed about 8 tents just above the Dali's Hole area. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Not sure how this would affect the access ongoing issues if first hydro were to stumble upon this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56226645@N02/6085917281/in/photostream/lightbo...
 Ed Bright 27 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry:

Eeesh... Wonder if they're climbers. Hope not - not that it would make any difference to First Hydro.
 deepstar 27 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry: Stroll On,looks a bit insensitive.
 Ewan Russell 27 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry: on the positive side at least someones getting some use out of dali's for a change.
 Fiskavaig 27 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry: Nice and discreet, no garish colours that stand out from miles away, ignore.
August West 27 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry:

Move along now, nothing to see.

David Hooper 28 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry: was it in that area that looks a bit like an old ruined Mayan temple. People have bivvied out and discreetly partied up th,ere for years, but never heard of full on tents. Pitching must be a bitch for a start.
r
 peetay 29 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry: what a snitch! first hydro have fenced this area right off so i think their stance on climbing in this area is pretty clear. why would anyone shed any light on this? move on, mind your own business and do something more interesting with your days.
In reply to peetay: As important and influential as UKC forums are, I think First Hydro will notice the tents before they read this post, at a guess anyway...
 rob514 29 Aug 2011
In reply to kit perry:

Saw them setting up their tents on fri. Def didnt look like climbers. Hell of a nice spot for a campsite though.
 Sl@te Head 01 Sep 2011
In reply to kit perry:
Hope they come back.....

To clear up the mess they left behind.
 mlmatt 01 Sep 2011
In reply to kit perry:

I don't think they were climbers. Saw them over the course of the bank holiday weekend quite a bit (as the weather wasn't so great so spent alot of time in the quarries). It seemed like they just wanted to have some piece and quiet and raving drunken parties. The also carried all thier stuff in and out.

Is this really a problem?
myth 01 Sep 2011
In reply to mlmatt:
> (In reply to kit perry)

> Is this really a problem?

The actual act, providing they clean up, I dont think is a problem.

But the greater issue is if it causes access issues sadly it will become a problem for a lot of climbers. The owners clearly arent too happy with people on certain parts of their land but just about tolerate it. Camping there so obviously cant be good to the situation.
 Sl@te Head 01 Sep 2011
In reply to mlmatt:
> The also carried all thier stuff in and out.
>
> Is this really a problem?

Problem is they didn't carry all their stuff in and out, they certainly didn't leave the camping spot as they found it...so in my book that's not allright.
OP Luk e 01 Sep 2011

Don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with people bivi-ing/camping in Dinorwig, its been done for decades. But usually it is discreet, in one off the slate huts which are out of sight with no mess left afterwards.

All it will take is one curious member of the public to wonder over, have an accident, sue the bottom end out of first hydro so they are then forced to turn Dinorwig into Fort Knox.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...