UKC

NEWS: Pembroke Round-Up & E8 Onsight for McHaffie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Sep 2011
Dave Pickford making a repeat of the interestingly named 'Do You know Where your Children are?' - E8, 3 kbThe last few weeks have seen multiple ascents of James Pearson's relatively new Pembroke route 'Do You know Where your Children are?' (E8) in Huntsman's Leap.

Plus James McHaffie has had a productive weekend...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=63932

Owen W-G 05 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Monster few days for James. 4x E6, 2x E7, E8
Is that sort of thing unprecedented, even by his standards?
 AJM 05 Sep 2011
In reply to Owen W-G:

I don't know whether it was hitting the route or not, it was quite windy so it may have been blowing straight over the top, but whilst I was taking those point blank photos it was drizzling as well - I'm quite surprised any of them came out to be honest...
 Wft 05 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: the juggernaut of trad. The rock in the top picture looks amazing and I like Pearson's route name, especially in light of the riots
 TobyA 05 Sep 2011
In reply to AJM: Hadn't noticed they were your photos Andy - presumed they would be some pro-snapper following around our sponsored heroes! The bottom one in particular is great - I love those lots of rock, little climber pics.
 AJM 05 Sep 2011
In reply to TobyA:

It's quite a coincidence really, we were walking out into the Range and it started drizzling, so we said we would wander as far as Stennis Ford and see if it got any better, and arrived to see someone on the resting holds on From a Distance. Got the camera out when I saw him move left rather than keep going up. If the weather had been a bit worse and we had turned around we would have missed it!
 Wft 05 Sep 2011
In reply to AJM: I have nothing against climbers with photographers/videographers with them but there is something really quite nice that you just happened to stumble on a pair doing some low key hard hard cragging
In reply to UKC News: Animal. McHaffie is on amazing form at the moment... if only he had a blog, I would love to read his thoughts and feelings on these routes and how he goes about training/mentally preparing for these routes.

Anyway brilliant bit of news and good skills on the Naxos flash, a mate of mine headpointed it last summer, and despite being a pretty bold climber said it would be scary to onsight!

Inspirational!

DC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...