UKC

NEW ARTICLE: The Triumphant Three Go For It!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 08 Sep 2011
Heather high on Lliwedd - yippee!, 3 kbIn this short and fun article Heather 'EB' Swift recounts a day out on the classic Welsh cliff of Lliwedd with two members of her climbing club. They climbed the popular combination of Avalanche and Red Wall / Longland's.

"With round eyes Heather moved off. Her legs were shaking. The rock was very smooth as she traversed across the wall but miraculously holds kept appearing. Suddenly there was a big gap. All the holds had disappeared!"

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4025

lucylocket 08 Sep 2011
What a lovely story! I really enjoyed it : )
 TheHorroffice 08 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:
Me too!
 Jack Geldard 08 Sep 2011
In reply to TheHorroffice: Me too!!!
 Yanis Nayu 08 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: Did you all vote your sleeping bags as warm as toast, and drink lashings of ginger beer?
 TheHorroffice 08 Sep 2011
I just read it again and enjoyed it even more than I did the first time!
I'm going to write my own, but maybe leave out the scary bits.
 shaun stephens 09 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: thought sandy needed a good kicking, great story
 tech 09 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: It seemed to leave out the lack of gear. I think I used more gear on the first pitch that both of us did on the rest of the climb. Certainly made it more exciting though.
In reply to UKC Articles: Jolly good!
 metal arms 09 Sep 2011

Spiffing and wotnot
 Yanis Nayu 09 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: A bit of rampant lesbianism wouldn't have gone amiss...
 Fishmate 09 Sep 2011

If I divide my age by 10 this is fantastic............. however a very poor mans Enid Blyton it is. Out of interest, is it for children?
 Rampikino 12 Sep 2011

It reads a little like the Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer Advert (which I suppose is the point) - a cliche and overdone. It does feel as though the author has hit on a vague idea and created something that is thin on substances, lacking in construct and without a lot of imagination.

However, it's a bit of fun, so if people enjoy it then so be it. Not my tastes but hey ho.
 Big Steve 12 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC Articles: I feel like I wasted a few minutes of my life reading this

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...