UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Doug Scott Interview

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Sep 2011
Doug Scott, 3 kbThis week's Friday Nighter is part of the video series from Mountain Equipment.

This time it's Doug Scott in the limelight...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64023

lex 09 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Proper climber! This ME series is an excellent set of interviews.

Does anyone know what the mountain is in the still shot at 8:27? Stunning photo....

Cheers,

Lex
 Brass Nipples 09 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Great conversation - saw him many years ago in late 80's and he'd always apologise about the posters being the same - Western Cym
In reply to UKC News:

Utterly brilliant. Virtually in a class of his own for breadth of experience combined with modesty.
 Patrick Roman 09 Sep 2011
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

I'm with you Gordon, could listen to the man for hours.
In reply to UKC News:

Its worth checking out the 19 minute video on the mountain equipment website

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/home.asp

Loving the series
ice.solo 09 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

absolute fvcking hero.

also saw him in the late 80s when he still had the long hair and beard, and tho i already new i was going to be a climber, seeing him made me think why.

agreed, its the mans breadth of experience that is unequalled. baffin in the 70s says it all.

some great photos too.
can anyone name all those guys in the pic in wales (or wherever) from the 60s. id love to know who they are.
In reply to UKC News: he's giving a lecture in Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale 22nd September £15 entry fee.
 Neil Adams 10 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Brilliant stuff - great to hear from such an absolute legend
 Damo 11 Sep 2011
In reply to lex:
> (In reply to UKC News)

>
> Does anyone know what the mountain is in the still shot at 8:27? Stunning photo....
>

Changabang, from the south.

lex 11 Sep 2011
In reply to Damo:

Many thanks Damo,

As I said, stunning shot, and excellent interview all round,

Cheers,

Lex
 poeticshambles 11 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great interview, amazing man. Makes me proud to be an Englishman.
 Andy Say 12 Sep 2011
In reply to ice.solo:

>
> some great photos too.
> can anyone name all those guys in the pic in wales (or wherever) from the 60s. id love to know who they are.

They were a slightly older generation than me but I recognise four or five of the faces. Think its Dan Meadows fourth in from R end of the line up.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...