UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Boom Bip Repeat and More

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 30 Sep 2011
Andi Turner - Boom Bip, 4 kbA video of Andi Turner repeating Boom Bip - E7 7a.

Plus some photos of a new leap up in Northumberland - Larn Streng!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64315

northy1983 30 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: nice one Andi
 andi turner 30 Sep 2011
In reply to northy1983: Thankyou
In reply to UKC News:

Good stuff Andi.
 tunaficiency 30 Sep 2011
Nice filming and Great soundtrack is that jaco pastorius ?
 Mark Savage 30 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Just a comment about Larn Streng...

From the angle of the photos it looks like it goes up the line of Magic Leap. There is a problem to the right called Bubbles and you can see the chalked left handhold of that quite clearly (It's also the right handhold of Magic Leap, but that's bouldering for you).

I've seen Andy Moir almost do this, but he ended up using the bottom hold to get on the wall, then did the jump from the low foothold to the break with no run up, obviously.
Anyway, I love mental problems like this. Nice one.

Also, I'm impressed with the spotting in the photos. Did you not have enough bouldering mats?
 tim000 30 Sep 2011
In reply to tunaficiency:
> Nice filming and Great soundtrack is that jaco pastorius ?
had to turn it off half way as the music was pi$$ing me off. each to there own i suppose.

heist182 30 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News:

2.18... I agree with the dog
 Nick Eh! 30 Sep 2011
In reply to UKC News: Quality bit of Jaco on the soundtrack Mr T !!! Kept me going on a few AC camping barn trips
 Dave Garnett 01 Oct 2011
In reply to andi turner:

Excellent telescopic effort Andi. Did Readza not manage it static?
 Wft 01 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: big old jump, well done Andi, top quality crag dogs as well.

I'm a bit confused about that boulder problem though, is there a video kicking about anywhere? Not one to judge but looks a joke from the sequence shots.

OFF TOPIC:

can we have a report on the NY moors please, if there isn't something planned already? lots of new routes/problems and an entirely newly developed bouldering area
 andi turner 01 Oct 2011
In reply to Dave Garnett:
> (In reply to andi turner)
>
> Did Readza not manage it static?

He didn't even manage to tie on

Offwidth 01 Oct 2011
In reply to andi turner:

Well done but clearly you should be practicing your running jumps from the other problem featured.
 Franco Cookson 01 Oct 2011
In reply to GuyVG:
> (In reply to UKC News) big old jump, well done Andi, top quality crag dogs as well.

>
> OFF TOPIC:
>
> can we have a report on the NY moors please, if there isn't something planned already? lots of new routes/problems and an entirely newly developed bouldering area.

I agree. What Lee Robinson and chums have done up there is certainly nationally significant. Bouldering plainly didn't Exist 2 years ago and now there are hundreds of problems.

Back on topic: Great effort Andi. It looks like an ace route and the boulder problem looks plain mental.

Jamie B 01 Oct 2011
In reply to andi turner:

Nice send Andi; did the updraught help?
 Jon Read 02 Oct 2011
In reply to andi turner:
Indeed. Dave, I did try it yonks ago, about 2001, but it's in the 'next lifetime' class for me.
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 02 Oct 2011
In reply to Franco Cookson:

There is another Moors meet in two weeks time.

60 new problems to be revealed!

Location... to be confirmed two days before the meet.

http://betaguides.blogspot.com/
 USBRIT 03 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Well nice looking terrier ,looks like a bit of Shila Atters line.
 andi turner 03 Oct 2011
In reply to USBRIT: Shila Atters?
 USBRIT 03 Oct 2011
In reply to andi turner: Terrier Pedigree ? might have Kennel name "Ridley" .
 Dave Garnett 03 Oct 2011
In reply to USBRIT:

I'm not sure how Reg is going to take to being called Ridley. He can be pretty tetchy even if you call him Reg.
 andi turner 03 Oct 2011
In reply to USBRIT: Kennel name? Kennel cough at a push! No, nowt pedigree about Reg, he's from a farm behind the JCB factory and he's very angry most of the time, unless I'm waffling about climbing which just bores him senseless.
 USBRIT 03 Oct 2011
In reply to andi turner: Sounds like a good Terrier !!. I can only see his head I assume he is a Jack Russell. He does have a pedigree unless he was an immaculate conception,you don't have it.I still have a couple used to have 15.To date the two they have hiked 20 peaks over 14000'.Keep leaping . Cheers
 Jon Read 03 Oct 2011
In reply to USBRIT:
Upstaged by the dogs as usual, Andi...
 andi turner 04 Oct 2011
In reply to Jon Read: Ce sera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...