UKC

NEWS: Wideboyz USA: Randall & Whittaker vs Trench Warfare

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Oct 2011
Tom Randall soloing Trench Warfare, 3 kbCrack-meisters Pete Whittaker and Tom Randall are currently ripping through the hardest crack climbs in the USA. Last week we had our first report - Wideboys USA: Whittaker and Randall in Vedauwoo. Now we have a new report straight from the boyz themselves as they tackle another great testpieces namely Trench Warefare in Utah. Not content with flashing the thing, Pete extended the normal route and Tom then decided to solo it.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64330
 simes303 03 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

What are chicken wings and butterfly jams?
 Jody 03 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Great article.

One small point, it seems to be Pete climbing with the rope and not Tom.
 Reach>Talent 03 Oct 2011
In reply to simes303:
http://www.widefetish.com/pages/how_to.html

Don't worry it is worksafe! Butterfly jams are a type of stacked handjam (ie. using both hands in a single jam) chicken wings are whay you eat afterwards
 Calder 03 Oct 2011
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Something tells me that Curbar (or any other offwidth rich venue) is gonna be seeing more action that usual over the next couple of months!
 Reach>Talent 03 Oct 2011
In reply to Calder:
Is it worth installing some hidden webcams on the Ramshaw jamming ticklist routes? I think my last visit would have been worth a pile of cash from you've been framed so it could be a nice little earner!

Calder 03 Oct 2011
In reply to Reach>Talent:

That'd be brilliant, yes!

I hate watching myself on film, but I wish I had a video of myself giving my all to gain, ooh, 6 inches on Hercules (yep, a shameful performance!). Only to slide back down once as soon as I breathed. And repeat...
 Reach>Talent 03 Oct 2011
In reply to Calder:
I've not tried Hercules and haveing looked at it I don't think I will
In reply to Jody:
> One small point, it seems to be Pete climbing with the rope and not Tom.

Yes. Does it say something different somewhere? I may have missed it but the references seem correct at the moment.

Alan
 GPN 03 Oct 2011
In reply to Alan James - UKC:
It's the photo captioned 'Tom climbing Trench Warfare with a rope'
 Reach>Talent 03 Oct 2011
In reply to Alan James - UKC:
The photo captioned as Tom climbing trench warefare with a rope is definitely Pete.
In reply to UKC News:

These crack fetishists make me laugh, you couldn't make it up, good on them for thinking outside the box, onsight of Belly full of bad berries anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...