UKC

NEWS: Swiss-Bavarian Greenland expedition 2011

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 Oct 2011
The Fjord, 2 kbSouth Greenland 2011, Swiss-Bavarian Climbing
Expedition to Quvnerit Island, by Toni Lamprecht:
The South of Greenland offers an incredible wealth of technical rock
climbing on big granite faces, some of them directly over the ocean.
Tasermiut Fjord has seen most of the climbing activity of...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64406
 Tom Briggs 06 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Superb. So much quality rock in Southern Greenland, easy access and the weather can be amazingly good.
 Franco Cookson 06 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

I was already very excited about this area, now I'm even more excited. Looks like Pabbay on Acid. Have you been Tom?
 Tom Briggs 06 Oct 2011
In reply to Franco Cookson:

Yes, twice. The first time we had a month of perfect weather. The second time we had some rain, but not much. But some years you read of teams sitting in the rain for weeks on end, though I think that's unlucky.
 LITTLE SAM 06 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Ive been so psyched to go here since reading bout the 2010 award winning expedition. But now im even more psyched, as soon as i finish my university masters, my life will be dedicated to getting fit, strong and skilled enough to take a trip! PSYCHED
 GDes 06 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great stuff. Like Tom, we had a month of brilliant weather interrupted only by 4 days of rain in the middle. A stunning part of the world (and not very similar to Pabbay)
 StuLade 06 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: So psyched for a trip here or Baffin Island, they look amazing!
 Franco Cookson 06 Oct 2011
In reply to GDes:

I meant more logistically and with islands and that, obviously one is slabby granite and the other overhanging Gneiss. Sounds like one of the better places for a rock-centric expedition. Do you think Tassermuit the best place to go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...