UKC

OI NEWS: Maya Holding Joins the Rab Sponsored Team

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 07 Oct 2011
Maya Holding, 4 kbRab have announced that Maya Holding has joined the Rab sponsored team. Keep an eye on UKClimbing for the video series which launches today at 5pm – 'Climbing with Maya' – filmed by Adrian Samarra. This isn't a high-flying, high-budget super-production, but rather a portrait of a normal, everyday climber doing what we all do – going climbing. The series captures the struggle, the joy and the fun of getting out on the rock. Don't miss it!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4116
 jack1996 09 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: how come i'm not sponsored?
 Franco Cookson 09 Oct 2011
In reply to jack1996:

Cause you're not fit.
 jack1996 09 Oct 2011
In reply to Franco Cookson: very good point!
 Franco Cookson 09 Oct 2011
In reply to jack1996:

And perhaps more importantly because you don't have a film maker following you around with (what looks to me like) a high budget and high-flying (for climbing) film set up.
 jack1996 09 Oct 2011
In reply to Franco Cookson: i reckon if i had a film company i could get sponsored at a punter level!
 peas65 09 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

hang on a second, does the video series not state it is about a normal climber doing what we all do and struggling to reach 7b?

Unlikely if she is sponsored by Rab!!
 Roberttaylor 09 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: More pics please. Do RAB make bikinis?
 Wee Davie 09 Oct 2011
In reply to peas65:

Sponsorship has a lot less to do with extreme high performance than you might think. A lot of people will watch these videos and thus the Rab brand will be well advertised. It'll be good business for the company.
 Luke90 09 Oct 2011
In reply to peas65:

"Sponsored by Rab" probably just means they've given her one or two Rab jackets to wear in videos, not that she's going to be able to ditch her job and get private jets around the world to climb whatever she fancies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...