UKC

Geneva to mountains, cheap/quickly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Calum Nicoll 16 Oct 2011
With flights to geneva being about £50 return, I'm keen to go for a long weekend trip.

But where can we go and how can we get there? Will be mid-december.

Needs to be cheap, I am unable to find a way to get to for example cham from geneva for less than about £50. Hitching is a bit hit and miss if we've only got 3 days.

Cheers

OP Calum Nicoll 16 Oct 2011
In reply to Calum Nicoll: P.S doesn't neccessarily have to be to cham, just to somewhere with decent mountains.
 James Smith 16 Oct 2011
In reply to Calum Nicoll: there used to be/still is a mailing list called chamshare or chamserve or something like that (google it it should be easy enough to find) that was good for this kind of thing. theres often people driving between chamonix and geneva offering lifts for small contributions to tolls and so forth.

I hear theres a diferent mailing list thats more popular and used more often than that now though, I'm sure someone will know what thats called
 gdp 17 Oct 2011
In reply to Calum Nicoll:
Have you tried typing "geneva chamonix" into google or any other search engine? By mid december most of the transfer companies will be running a fair number of buses and you shouldn't have to wait too long at the airport. With a £100 budget for the return journey (persumably per person) you would probably be able to hire a car for 3 days.
OP Calum Nicoll 18 Oct 2011
In reply to gdp: Yes, I have done that, I was hoping there was a cheaper way, for example a swiss equivalent of megabus.
 ClimberEd 18 Oct 2011
In reply to Calum Nicoll:
> (In reply to gdp) Yes, I have done that, I was hoping there was a cheaper way, for example a swiss equivalent of megabus.

You've said less than £50. Most of the Chamonix shuttle services cost less than £50
OP Calum Nicoll 18 Oct 2011
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to Calum Nicoll)
> [...]
>
> You've said less than £50. Most of the Chamonix shuttle services cost less than £50

I said less than about £50. The cheapest I have found is 23.50 euros each way, which is £40, which is fairly close to £50.

Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...