UKC

NEWS: Jordan Buys is Loaded (E8 7a) and a Snap Decision

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Oct 2011
Jordan Buys making technical moves to gain the arete of Loaded (E8 7a)., 4 kbJordan Buys and Naomi Buys have a successful trip to Ilkley Quarry, with ascents of Loaded (E8 7a) and Snap Decision (E7 6c) respectively.

"Why bother top roping it in one. Save that for the big send, you don't want to have done it twice..!"

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=64698

pjkp 26 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Brilliant effort both of you
In reply to UKC News: Nice one!

Saw some chalk on gerty berwick as well yesterday...
 Alejandro S 26 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Great job jordan and nao its me, alec.
 Marq 27 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News:

I saw the chalk on Loaded on Saturday and was in awe of the line. Well done to both of you.

Marq
 Naomi Buys 27 Oct 2011
> (In reply to UKC News) Great job jordan and nao its me, alec.

Hi Alec!!!!

Thanks, and great to hear from you. Hope the new job is treating you well : )
 Fuzzface93 27 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: My ignorance about trad is getting the better of me. In the top photo he has twin ropes but the nature of the route only sees the left rope clipped to any gear. So why not do it on a single rope?

Or is the right rope clipped to something / in someone's hands to brake the swing if he comes off the traverse?

Cheers guys
In reply to UKC News: Or is the right rope clipped to something / in someone's hands to brake the swing if he comes off the traverse?

Yes.
 another_mark 27 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Also see the red pad in the top picture - there to protect the swing.
 Martin Davies 28 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC News: Incredible top photo - so many options, with the ropes and the pad spelling out what would happen in a fall. The seemingly least likely option is success!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...