UKC

Cleeve Hil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ross B 28 Oct 2011
I am considering going to cleeve hill at somepoint this weekend, as weather is looking hopful, and understand there are stakes in places, but quiet far back, could someone cofirm distance back please so I can confirm if my equipment is sufficenet as it is presently limiited to a climbing rope, a 240 Sling plus 2 120 slings with sufficient screwgates and a set of wires.

Thankyou in advance.

Ross
 JamesRich 28 Oct 2011
In reply to Ross B:
Hi Ross

From what I remember the stakes at castle rock were about 3m back.
I'm not to sure about the main cliff as I didn't climb there. Sorry
I couldn't be of more help.
James
 kill1308 28 Oct 2011
In reply to Ross B:

Hi Ross,

I've only been there once myself having recently discovered it (as it's only about 40mins or so from my house), but there are a few stakes about 3 or so meters away from the edge. There are also a few further back as well. There was some loose rock floating around so take a helmet with you if you don't normally.

We met someone up there who was giving a lesson to somebody else and he was kind enough to set up a rig for us.
 kill1308 28 Oct 2011
In reply to seveneh:

PS - I'm talking about Castle Rock here too by the way
OP Ross B 29 Oct 2011
In reply to Ross B:

Thanks for the help people, if the weather is good I will be heading there tommorrow midmorning and have a play.

Ross
OP Ross B 30 Oct 2011
In reply to Ross B:

Went weel today, although I think more then 20m of static would have been usefull as I was having to extend using slings with 3 point of security.

Cetainly good day for it and had a good time, worth a crack for novices outdoors even if it is rather polished in places.

Ross

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...