UKC

Jo Willett from Southampton - anyone on here know her?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Sansum 28 Oct 2011
I found some gear on Lliwedd last weekend. One piece had a gear tag with Jo's details on it - but the email address on the tag doesn't work... It would be good to be able to return the gear to her if anyone has contact details.

Thanks!

Chris
OP Chris Sansum 28 Oct 2011
In reply to Chris Sansum:

Bump!
 IainAM 28 Oct 2011

My wife knows her but doesn't have contact details. She thinks that Tim might know how to get in touch

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=12555
OP Chris Sansum 28 Oct 2011
In reply to IainAM:

Thanks. I've emailed Tim.
jo_mellor 30 Oct 2011

Ooh, that's me. Thank you! I did put a post on Lost and Found about this, but gave up hoping after a while. Guessing you had more joy on the route than we did - gave up at pitch 2 in steadily increasing rain. Shame as we had been itching to climb it for years but had never managed to get to Wales in good enough weather.

You have email.

Jo
 Ed Coughlin 30 Oct 2011
In reply to jo_mellor: Brilliant result!! it should work like this every time!

climb safe
OP Chris Sansum 30 Oct 2011
In reply to jo_mellor:

No worries, will send both slings/screwgates on to you. Amazing no-one had climbed the route in the 3 weeks since you were there, otherwise I'm sure they'd have grabbed the gear. As it happened, on the day there was another pair of climbers following us. Definitely persevere with the route, as it is really good.

It looked like you'd gone slightly off-route as the sling was a fair way above where I belayed on p2, and there the line looked like it was about to get into VS territory. After the p2 belay my guidebook says you go up & left to a recess at the foot of a corner groove, which made sense the way we went.

On the day we did it the route was damp, but the rain held off. Lucky to get a big north-facing mountain route in this late in the year. From the valley the winds up there looked ferocious, so I was half expecting to spend the day walking. But when we got there it was calm, if a bit cold, so we had a great day out. The so-called '5 star ridge' was really good fun. Topped off by the fact that by the time we made it back to the hut, we were late enough to avoid cooking duties, and dinner was ready and waiting!

Good luck with it next time.

Chris
 John_Hat 30 Oct 2011
In reply to Ed Coughlin:

Agreed
jo_mellor 03 Nov 2011
In reply to Chris Sansum: Brilliant, thanks for this.

We were following a nice line up the easy slabby stuff, belaying after each rope length, but knew that after our second belay we needed to head leftwards to the corner groove - and it was that bit that we didn't fancy much in the rain which by then was making the rock distinctly slippy. Our guidebook mentioned that the groove was a bit "exciting" in the wet, and having previously experienced some surprisingly "exciting" low grade welsh mountain pitches, we surmised that we could do without that sort of excitement at that point! Ridge Route remains on the list for a future attempt!

We did Ampitheatre Buttress the previous day which was OK, pig of a walk in made up for by a great little ridge at the top which we did Alpine style - but I wish we'd taken advantage of the good weather and done Ridge Route that day instead, as it had been on the To Climb list for longer. Ah well, it's not going anywhere.

Happy climbing,

Jo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...