UKC

Rock Boot Reccomendations - any good deals out there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 oscaig 28 Oct 2011
Since getting back to the UK (having barely climbed over the last few years while overseas) I've been getting out and about up and down the country and generally enjoyed getting back into things. Unfortunately my current boots (old pair of Red Chilli 'something or others') are increasingly bagging-out and I'm close to running out of adjustment gap between the laces. Going to the local wall the other night I looked out the old Scarpas that I wore in Germany in the mid 90s when I used to do a fair bit of bouldering but jeez-o my feet must have got fat in the last 15 years - either that or my pain tolerance levels have seriously dropped! So they got thrown into the corner after only a couple of (excruciating) minutes.

Upshot is that I'm looking for a new pair of all-round general Trad boots. Leading currently at a very punter-ish VS/HVS but looking to head into the E grades. So what does the collective ‘wisdom’ of UKC recommend - and in particular are there any good (i.e. cheap!) deals around at the moment? Red Chilli seem to fit me quite well but happy to look at anything and will make sure I try models on before buying anything.

Cheers folk
 JohnO1978 28 Oct 2011
In reply to oscaig:

There are some good deals around for Red Chilli Spirits, I bought a pair as back up and to be honest they are really good for the money, I think I paid less than £40.

I love my Evolv Bandit's though as an all rounder, slightly more expensive though and they stink or maybe thats just mine..
OP oscaig 30 Oct 2011
In reply to JohnO1978: Thanks for that mag_to_grid I'll check out the sprits deals. Anyone else have any other suggestions or recommendations?
 tmawer 30 Oct 2011
In reply to oscaig:

Very happy with my "Mad Rock, Flash" shoes from Rock and Run at £38, but probably foot shape is everything and these seem to suit me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...