UKC

'Masterclass' at Windgather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 woodsy 31 Oct 2011
The usual scenario...sat at top of crag belaying, tutting at pair next to me, setting up system with many unneccessary parts & for general slackness.
I have a rule of thumb that if I see someone doing something I would consider dangerous I will risk the torrent of abuse & point it out.
I decided, in this instance, not to, as the systems being set up were not best practice rather than being deadly.
It seemed a shame though, that a relative novice was having what he described as a 'masterclass'.
I hope he wasn't paying & that he gets rope work advice/ tuition from other climbers.
 Eagle River 31 Oct 2011
In reply to woodsy:

Why the hell were you at Windgather?!
 Tom Last 31 Oct 2011
In reply to woodsy:

Blimey, it's all going down at Windgather!
OP woodsy 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Eagle River:
lol, kiddies, picknicky thing- it will happen to you one day
OP woodsy 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Southern Man:
I know, malicious rock fall & dodgey ropework. Whatever next?
 Andy Say 31 Oct 2011
In reply to woodsy:
I have a prized photo of a rock 3 placed 'upside down' in a friable vertical parallel sized slot with about a mm of the nut itself still showing; it's basically being held in place by a slight camming action as the wire is bent over towards the crag top. This is clipped to the rope using a snaplink quickdraw with both gates resting on the rock. This is the only anchor used by someone at the top as they belay a couple of people up the route.

This, too, was at Windgather.
OP woodsy 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Andy Say:
quality
 Offwidth 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Andy Say:

Couldn't have been used after you spotted it as you would have stopped them, non?
 Andy Say 31 Oct 2011
In reply to Offwidth:
Never thought of that! I was so busy taking photos.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...