UKC

Drytooling at Awesome Walls Liverpool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mux 10 Nov 2011
one of the walls at the AW Liverpool drytooling area has been rest.

Routes from M5 - M8

I will hopefully get the other wall done in the next week or so.

jacobfinn 10 Nov 2011
In reply to mux: Ratho are due to start offering dry tooling in a week's time. Did you run this last year at AW Liverpool, and if so how did you operate the sessions?
OP mux 10 Nov 2011
In reply to jacobfinn: they are not sessions as such Jacob. Aw Liverpool have a dedicated tooling area so its just a turn up pay the fee and climb. It’s actually cheaper to drytool than it is to climb routes.

Not sure if intro to mixed/tooling session are on the cards but it is something I have suggested.

Currently anyone new to the AW Liverpool drytooling area goes through a quick briefing before they are allowed to use the facility unsupervised, once complete a note goes on their membership stating that they are safe. Usual rules apply for axes, eye wear, helmet etc.
 jacobfinn 10 Nov 2011
In reply to mux: Has there been a good level of interest in tooling at AW?
OP mux 11 Nov 2011
In reply to jacobfinn: Yea not bad ...last night there were 6 people in the area. As there are only 9 lines I dont think you would want many more. and as I say the area is open every day.
birdman 11 Nov 2011
In reply to mux:

I know space is limited up in the dry tooling area, but would it be possible to get an M4 route put up in there so that people who aren't up to M5+ / Scots VII can at least get a bit of training in, for strength and fitness if nothing else.
OP mux 11 Nov 2011
In reply to birdman: will do Bird man ..although you should try the new M5 as its fairly soft and the pole is good for thwacking.

three sticks to the top is the current record.
 Dom Whillans 11 Nov 2011
In reply to birdman:
> (In reply to mux)
>
> I know space is limited up in the dry tooling area, but would it be possible to get an M4 route put up in there so that people who aren't up to M5+ / Scots VII can at least get a bit of training in, for strength and fitness if nothing else.

i'd never tooled before this tuesday, went down AW, met up with Mux and did the M5 with no problem, don't let the numbers mess with your head

OP mux 18 Nov 2011
In reply to mux: more new routes gone up today and a couple mre getting added tomorrow.
M4 - M8+/9

Andy Mountains 18 Nov 2011
In reply to mux:

Must get up to scouseland & give it a go, never tried before either.
OP mux 19 Nov 2011
In reply to birdman: route total as of today.

M4 - One
M5/+ - Two
M6 Two
M7/+ Three
M8-9 Three

plus the stick stick thump pole ....

Something for everyone I'd say.
OP mux 19 Nov 2011
In reply to mux: forgot to mention there are a few photos here

http://whitegood.blogspot.com/2011/11/awesome-walls-liverpool.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...