UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Metolius Safetech Helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 14 Nov 2011
NEW Safetech helmet!! #1, 3 kbWith its strong ABS shell, EPS liner and soft cradle aids, our Safetech Helmet offers incomparable protection. There is exceptional ventilation and a slide adjuster at the rear avoids the catching of long hair.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4182
 deepsoup 14 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:
"Incomparable" (ie: no other helmet on the market even comes close to offering the same) protection? That's quite a claim.
 Reach>Talent 14 Nov 2011
In reply to deepsoup:
"Incomparable"

Using a totally non-standard testing protocol
 TobyA 14 Nov 2011
In reply to deepsoup: I think it was a Mtn Equipment jacket on here the other day that was also described as giving "incomparable" levels of protection to other jackets. It looked a very nice jacket, but that still seemed a bit of a claim!

Of course logic suggests that if all other helmets give, lets say, 8x to 10x levels of protection, if one model gave "incomparable" levels of protection to all other helmets, it could be that's because it gives 1x levels; although I'm sure that's not what Metolius's UK chaps want to be suggesting here!

More seriously, it looks a good helmet although I it's a bit heavier than the average these days. Although knowing you have some more protection may well compensate for the extra weight.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...