UKC

Do not climb on rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
KevinD 25 Nov 2011
In reply to tlm:

do not get sued by idiots who slip and get told by the lawyers since those rocks were placed by the council you have a chance of getting them to pay.
 yogi2749 25 Nov 2011
In reply to tlm: We have the same signs on the sea defence rocks on the beach at Felixstowe! Madness...
 Timmd 25 Nov 2011
In reply to tlm:

''These voids together with the slippery surface of the rocks pose a significant risk, and it is for this reason that we will continue to warn members of the public not to venture onto the structure.

Should a child or any other individual become entrapped in the structure for whatever reason, then the risk would be significant due to the majority of the structure being affected by the tide.''

Thier reasoning seem's sound enough to me, but a sign at either end would have done I reckon, if they wanted to warn people about the tide and gaps which could trap somebody.
 Ava Adore 25 Nov 2011
In reply to tlm:

There'll be a sign on Stanage next
 mackay780 25 Nov 2011
In reply to Timmd:
> (In reply to tlm)

> Thier reasoning seem's sound enough to me, but a sign at either end would have done I reckon, if they wanted to warn people about the tide and gaps which could trap somebody.

or they could have just relied upon peoples own common sense that smooth, wet rocks are slippery. yet again local goverment spoon feeds the populus information like we are all 5 years old and as thick as 2x 2x4!
 Tony the Blade 25 Nov 2011
In reply to tlm:

Political correctness gone mad I tell you!

Hold on, no, I'm mixing up my standard replies here, what I meant was...

Healf and safety gone mad I tell you.

KevinD 25 Nov 2011
In reply to mackay780:

> or they could have just relied upon peoples own common sense that smooth, wet rocks are slippery.

what is sense is rarely common and what is common is rarely sense.
Taking the attitude that a reasonable percentage of the population are a)stupid and b)greedy so it, unfortunately, makes sense to stick some signs up so when the lawyers come calling they can refer them to arkel vs pressdram.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...