UKC

NEWS: Staffordshire Wildlife Trust Acquire the Roaches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Nov 2011
Don Whillans Memorial Hut at the Roaches, 4 kbThe future of the Roaches has been settled. Staffordshire Wildlife Trust has been selected by the Peak District National Park Authority to take on a 125-year lease of the estate

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=65180
Kipper 25 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC News:

Interesting - 15,000 ish members; do they have other income?
 toad 25 Nov 2011
In reply to Kipper:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> Interesting - 15,000 ish members; do they have other income?

yes, I'd imagine so - corporate support, events, consultancy, agri-environment grants, lottery, landfill tax, aggregates levy, private bequests and one off donations, income from property (grazing etc). Off the top of my head. I think membership will be a small percentage of their income, but the accounts will be public
 Dave Garnett 26 Nov 2011
In reply to toad:

There are fairly frequent impending doom, 'we must raise 200K in a month to save this unique habitat'-type begging letters.
Kipper 26 Nov 2011
In reply to Dave Garnett:
> (In reply to toad)
>
> There are fairly frequent impending doom, 'we must raise 200K in a month to save this unique habitat'-type begging letters.

Accounts don't seem to be on the site (or I can't find them) - they are for Yorkshire. I might pull them to have a look.

toad 26 Nov 2011
In reply to Kipper: I don't think there's any obligation to put them on the interwebs, you might have to get them the old fashioned way, by talking to them.

I think the doom laden begging letters are common for every charity and campaigning group from oxfam to the Snettisham goblin sanctuary. Once you're on the mailing list, you're toast (yes, that means you - Avaaz!).
Kipper 27 Nov 2011
In reply to toad:
> (In reply to Kipper) I don't think there's any obligation to put them on the interwebs, you might have to get them the old fashioned way, by talking to them.
>

Agreed - but if I don't want to talk to them, I can retrieve their last submitted and audited acounts
 BelleVedere 27 Nov 2011
In reply to Kipper:

they should be on the charity commissions website (IIRC) - you'll need the charity number - which would normally be displayed in the footer of the SWT's website
Kipper 27 Nov 2011
In reply to es:
> (In reply to Kipper)
>
> they should be on the charity commissions website (IIRC) - you'll need the charity number - which would normally be displayed in the footer of the SWT's website

Thanks for that -
http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/Charity...

125 years.... Was such a long lease wise for a Trust with no history of managing land on this scale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...