UKC

Global warming...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Snowboy 28 Nov 2011
... Is a conspiracy concocted by anti-establishment malcontents?

Anyone else out there already set up in a ski-resort looking forward to a long and busy season but still bored out of their minds waiting for snow?
 subalpine 28 Nov 2011
In reply to Snowboy: you are ultimately doomed to failure..
 subalpine 28 Nov 2011
In reply to subalpine: although in the short term the sunspot cycle is working in your favour..
macstinator 28 Nov 2011
In reply to Snowboy:

I saved a weeks holiday to enjoy December's snow. Complete bloody pointless exercise that was.
OP Snowboy 28 Nov 2011
In reply to subalpine:

You mean in my pursuit of huge fields of cold white soft powder beneath crystal clear azure skies or just generally?

Well, at least there is amazing climbing and biking to be had here... maybe I should dust off my harness and get out there...
 ClimberEd 28 Nov 2011
In reply to Snowboy:
> ... Is a conspiracy concocted by anti-establishment malcontents?
>
> Anyone else out there already set up in a ski-resort looking forward to a long and busy season but still bored out of their minds waiting for snow?

Well I work in the area.

Although tangentially, but perhaps with more hope for your season, I would say that over the last 20 years the season has moved later, starting later and with a longer tail into Spring that before.

(last year notwithstanding of course).
OP Snowboy 28 Nov 2011
In reply to ClimberEd:

Yeah, I'm not sure if it has been the same in the Alps but in England it certainly seems to be the case that the seasons are changing. Just look at how much rain fell during the summer months in the last few years compared to winter rain/snow fall.

Still I'm holding onto hope that the snow is on the way and we are all gonna have a lot of fun this winter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...