UKC

Which axes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 01 Dec 2011
Just curious about peoples suggestions? i mainly climb euro water ice up to WI6, am also up for dabbling with scottish mixed and some pure dry tooling, i currenly have reactors but am after something new, they are great for most things but pulling over ice bulges can be a pain in the arse!

Am currently thinking Nomics but i have used the new Fusions and they are pretty sexy, also have swung the new Cobras and they were also amazing|! any suggestions?

Cheers

Si
 Hay 01 Dec 2011
In reply to maybe_si:
Keep the Reactors for mixed hashing and lash out on a pair of Grivel Reparto Corse Alloy Masters for steep icyness. Yum.
OP maybe_si 01 Dec 2011
In reply to maybe_si:

haha they do look pretty badass but im not sure i can justify the price! Anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers
 joe.91 01 Dec 2011
In reply to maybe_si: Grivel Avatar looks sick, I've got fusions for scottish mixed and there brilliant!
happymatt 02 Dec 2011
In reply to maybe_si: Its all about getting a balance, I would look at keeping your reactors for mixed and getting a set of tools for ice. Is what I have done and seems to work really well. Having tried a few I found Grivel X Monsters excellent for trips to Norway and thought thay were as good as the nomics I have also used and felt lighter in use. Will be putting mine up for sale when I find my camera again if you are interested?
In reply to maybe_si: i have a pair of used but in good condition BD fusions if interested? £200? i think they are awsome but dont need them. let me know if you are interested.
 msjhes2 03 Dec 2011
In reply to jamesturnbull: And I have a pair of brand new never used 2011 Nomics you can have for £300 if interested.
 emily roo 06 Dec 2011
In reply to maybe_si: NOMICS!!! surely you must know someone who can get them trade?? emx
OP maybe_si 06 Dec 2011
In reply to emily roo: haha dont worry em i can get them at trade but that still doesnt help me decide what to get!
 GraMc 06 Dec 2011
In reply to maybe_si: if your climbing ice dont bother with fusion 2s, ive got a set and have used nomics quite alot. fusions are great for scottish mixed, but the weight balance is all wrong for ice and the spike stops you8 getting good wrist rotation on your swing so they have pretty crap sticks, nomics are by far and away miles ahead when it comes to performance on pure ice!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...