UKC

vango helium 200 - ridiculous price at millets in southampton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
alexgoodey 03 Dec 2011
Hiya

Couple of disclaimers, first I do work for Millets but not in a commercial/marketing capacity (I am a lowly sales assistant in Surrey), I have not been asked to post this and will receive no reward (more than likely I will be told off) but I felt that this bargain was worth sharing with everyone, particularly as Millets/Blacks are fairly close to going to the wall according to the press last week.

Millets/Blacks used to stock the Vango Helium 200, but after hunting for one myself found none left in the warehouse (which is why it's no longer listed online) after the price was discounted to £150, so I gave up and started looking for other ideas (see my other post) but I was hunting around our stock database and discovered the Millets in Southampton have 28 of these tents in their stock room, and the chain currently has a 40% off everything sale until the end of the weekend, making this tent £90.

It's a 2 man tent, weighs 1.3kg, with a RRP of over £200.

Either way you look at it, it's a great tent at a great price.

It's a store pick-up only at Southampton Millets, though, so no mail order or deliveries, or between-store transfers (I know, it's daft, but there you go)

Elsewhere, Cotswold Outdoor have the 100 version for £145, which may be the one I actually get because I can't afford a Photon and don't think the Nemo Gogo will stay dry enough around the foot box because I'm tall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...